English Extension or Advanced? (1 Viewer)

Pedro123

HSC
I'm picking my year 11 subjects now, and I am unsure what exactly I should do.
In year 12, I know my subjects will be: 4u Math, 2u English, Phys, Chem and maybe an extra 2 in German.
For year 11, it will be the same except 3u math and some other stuff. So, my question is does taking 3 unit English in year 11 prepare you in any way for year 12 2 unit, or is it just useless extra work for no reason whatsoever? I am not only asking do the syllabuses overlap but also whether the skills addresses in each one help out in any way.

I am right now tied topping English, but I really feel that writing creatives and essays will put much too much stress for no reason whatsoever.

Thank you so much!

chevi

HSC
If you're doing so well in English, maybe reconsider keeping the 3U! Since you're thinking of doing more units than necessary in Year 12, maybe drop another subject so the workload won't be so big. I would recommend keeping the 3U just in case things change and you want to drop a subject you don't like - as a safety net. (since you can't move from 2U to 3U). In the end, you still have plenty of time to consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)