English Helo (1 Viewer)

macrazy

HSC
Last year I was very confident with English, I averaged 94% and topped my year. Whilst English has always been the subject I struggle with most I've been able to get pretty good results each year, however this year I feel like I'm falling behind heaps and I want to fix that before it gets out of hand. My teacher this year expects everything a lot differently to what I was doing last year and I'm having trouble structuring amd presenting things to her liking. In the assessment we've done this year I got 19/25 which is a big fall from last year, but the feedback I got didn't really tell me how I can improve.. so any tips on senior english would be great if you have any :)
Edit: it would probably help if I could learn to write help instead of helo in the title ;)

Last edited:

macrazy

HSC
Thanks so much! Brilliant guide is an understatement, that was well worth the read :) fingers crossed I can pick my marks up in the next exam..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

theoctopus

HSC
I feel you! For the last few years English has been manageable and now I've been handing in assignments and it's like they've changed the rules of the game without telling me so I've been getting marks that are lower than what I'm use to.
I'm sure it will all be fine though if we work hard, the jump between year 10 and year 11 seems to have been pretty tough on everyone I've talked to :/
My suggestion is (and what I plan on doing :p ) is having a look at past papers, taking in the feedback that my teachers give me, then rewriting all my essays and handing them in :) though, I have to admit some of the feedback my teachers gave me wasn't all that extensive either, which means I'll probably have to badger them a bit for some more feedback :p
Just clicked on that guide and it seems pretty fantastic ^_^
I hope your grades pick up for you, I'm sure they will if you work at it and I wouldn't worry too much because it seems like a tonne of people are going through a similar thing, it's just a tough transition.
Take care and good-luck :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Crobat's English guide is gold:), If you need some extra tips-English or otherwise-feel free to have a read through this senior study guide if you haven't: http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

Remember, the key to acing English is essentially understand each module rubric inside out, and answer the given question and nothing besides the given question. Consistency is also a key to success-best wishes for your English studies this year:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)