English help. Half yearlys blew me out of the water (1 Viewer)

Gym

All

After receiving my half yearly results, and seeing that I got 34%, placing me at 33 out of 85 in Std, I panicked. In order to get into a B Sc(Comp. Sci) at ADFA with some sort of competitiveness, I need a UAI of about 80+. After fiddling with the SAM, I decided the English mark i need is > or = 75%

I think it may be my exam technique, coz I went totally fine (12.5/15) for another assessment earlier on.

Any help on how I can improve? Thanks to all.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
What did your half yearly Exam test you on? Essay? Creative Writing? Reading task? Be specific, so we can give some advice.

You can definately improve, no matter what, if u put in the effort :)

^___^
HSC
ok, don't panick..

look at all the essay u wrote in the exam

highlight where you lost marks so that you will minimise the errors next time

look at the comprehension section

like essay part, highlight where u got the errors

to improve those Q1 type scenario, just practice heaps of past papers

i dunno wat u can do for creative writing..maybe get drunk b4 the exam? :p

as for improving essays, just cram as many quotes as u can and techniques used in the text..

ESL FARMS

HSC
N/A
don't stress too much... what was the weighting of this assessment task (half yrly exam) often they are only weighted about 10-15 % of your total marks for the year

xeriphic

like all the feedbacks i received before, there is always room for improvement, maybe you can discuss with the marker as to the marking criteria and how it should be constructed

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
yeah good idea to talk to the marker.....thru out the year i never got a feedback from my teacher....let alone feedback....i never got my HW back from May 21 onwards....i didnt give a damn:D....justs showed the teacher in HSC shining like a great_star at the end....anyways......after trials i went to the other teachers who marked the essays for feedback...which was just great:D

Arthur

Yeah. Mate, it's okay if you've only completed a few, low-weighted assessments. If you've only been tested, for say 30% of your course, then you have the 70% left to improve. Every single mark counts because it can change your rank.

Don't dwell on your previous marks because it's a waste of time. Just concentrate on the assessments up ahead and try to rectify what you did wrong so as you're better prepared next time.

Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)