ENGLISH help [use of auxesis] (1 Viewer)

llamaben

HSC
Ok, this post will be short and simple.

Ive been using auxesis' alot lately, and ive come to another essay. However, this time im not sure if it is an auxesis. Is there such thing as an auxesis of techniques? Heres where Im trying to use it:

[FONT=&quot]We are as strangers here now, but the white tribe are the strangers[/FONT]
By auxesis of techniques im reffering to the use of a simile, then a metaphor (as something, then is something.) Is this still an auxesis? If not, would it be anything else?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
llamaben said:
Ok, this post will be short and simple.

Ive been using auxesis' alot lately, and ive come to another essay. However, this time im not sure if it is an auxesis. Is there such thing as an auxesis of techniques? Heres where Im trying to use it:

By auxesis of techniques im reffering to the use of a simile, then a metaphor (as something, then is something.) Is this still an auxesis? If not, would it be anything else?
i strongly doubt it's auxesis.

Finx

HSC
"[FONT=&quot]We are as strangers here now, but the white tribe are the strangers"

The latter part of the sentence is a metaphore, but I'm pretty sure the "We are as strangers here now" section isn't a similie. You'd need to have an 'extra word + as' in there to make it one, such as adding "mysterious as" to get "We are as mysterious as strangers here now, but the white tribe are the strangers". [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I think that satisfies your definition.[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)