english help ? (1 Viewer)

danieyo

HSC
ok, so ive put my views forward onto paper about how society portrays gender and the way its changed. can anyone else think of anything ?

i have to write a 1&half page - 2 page response for a question:

"Why is the issue of gender an ongoing and complex one for society?"

any pointers ?
all help is appreciated

GG. two pages =='

jazzbaby

HSC
well you could talk about media influence and how if they are advertising little kids racing cars or whatever they are always boys. and OMO(washing powder) the ad always has a woman doing the washing.
haha
ummm
gender stereotypes..like how if ur a girl you HAVE to wear pink when ur a lil kid and have "girl toys"

etc

we are becoming more accepting to change .... like women were historically said to be weaker than men and know nothing but housework.. but now women hold some of the top positions in the world.

lol
well thats what i would talk about :S

sorry not much of help lolz

Last edited:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
jazzbaby said:
well you could talk about media influence and how if they are advertising little kids racing cars or whatever they are always boys. and OMO(washing powder) the ad always has a woman doing the washing.
haha
ummm
gender stereotypes..like how if ur a girl you HAVE to wear pink when ur a lil kid and have "girl toys"

etc

we are becoming more accepting to change .... like women were historically said to be weaker than men and know nothing but housework.. but now women hold some of the top positions in the world.

lol
well thats what i would talk about :S

sorry not much of help lolz
it's because some feminists take offence at the most unoffensive things ever. They take offence at advertisments (directed to males btw) on TV and send letters of complaints! everybody knows TV isn't purposely sexist against women, they just need the intertextuality.:D some feminists need to think before they start acting all emotional over something small like that.

lovethehsc2

HSC
foram said:
it's because some feminists take offence at the most unoffensive things ever. They take offence at advertisments (directed to males btw) on TV and send letters of complaints! everybody knows TV isn't purposely sexist against women, they just need the intertextuality.:D some feminists need to think before they start acting all emotional over something small like that.
I feel sorry for your future girlfriend (or mother if you are actually gay).

selablad

HSC
foram said:
I consider myself a sort-of feminist, and I have to say I agree with foram (sorry) , I mean it's not like ads are directly discriminating against you or anything, they're just ads, get over yourselves...

(sorry, random)

edit: I agree with foram not feminists

do I? oh well ignore me

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)