English HELP! (1 Viewer)

angel.cries

HSC
I'm a dud in english and would like help >.<.

What are some techniques used by composers that draw you into the life of the characters/composers of the text?

i'd love a list and examples thank you ^^'

note: the texts i have to write about are a script (scales of justice) and an unknown (auto)biographical excerpt. it's going to be a comparison response.

criteria outcomes are : -demostrates ubderstanding of how disctinctive qualities of the text draw an audience into the world of the text.

-presents a coherant personal response based on relevant, textual knowledge(what does that mean?)

-organises, develops and presents a response using language appropriate to audience, purpose and form.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Knowledge of the text? :p
Like, knowing the author, characters, what happens, what values are raised in the text, context etc.

bawd

HSC
Research metalanguage (ie. language which talks about language) and language techniques so you can identify them in the texts, use them and know why they draw the responder into the text. A good book to get would be Edible English: English Terminology Made Easy, Third Edition by Judy McLaughlin which gives the What, Where and Why of language devices used in English. Another good reference is The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creative Writing, Second Edition by Laurie Rozakis.

Both are invaluable for your Preliminary/HSC years of English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)