English hints: (1 Viewer)

theundefined

HSC
i'm preety sure they have seen it, because based on what i asked for paper 2 and other details, they sure knew what they were talking about and they were specific with some advice. But yes, most questions essentially, are "desired" to be straight forward, but its more reassuring to know it is. Rather then come to the date and see that its some f'd up irony question like in the cssa trial paper. But, then again its just about how much you're prepared, so there would be no worrying if you're ready.

HSC
Probably just a story (I hope).
Is it possible that they could just ask you to write a creative piece and not specify a particular form?
Most past papers I've looked at have asked for a creative writing piece where you are able to write in any form you like. I hope that's the way it is tomorrow, most of my story is a letter but it is adaptable if they ask for a specific text type.

bmn

HSC
I'd prefer an article. Sure, I haven't got anything prepared, but I'd be able to do it easily... I have a story prepared but I'd prefer if it wasn't a story...

I shouldn't do too bad, as long as its not a journal entry.

verdades

HSC
:)
I actually hope it's a specific [non-story] form.
I mean, I have a story prepared, but I'm one of the people who does better against others when writing to a specific form.

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
yeah i hated that question i don't think i even mentioned the word irony in my answer =.=

memoir... www.dictionary.com
Was studying for english, and found my answer to that question- ".. author describes the people who didn't have aerial surveillance or even guns as welcoming and happy to see them when they pointed excitedly... reflects perception of belonging which is how an individual can never be fully certain if they truly belong. The irony also reflects the difficulty for an individual to know they belong."

^^^ Wtf? I have no idea what I was thinking at that time...

Memoir: a record of events written by a person having intimate knowledge of them and based on personal observation. < Ahh, and they could do that cause we have to have a personal response to belonging...

raniaaa

HSC
Was studying for english, and found my answer to that question- ".. author describes the people who didn't have aerial surveillance or even guns as welcoming and happy to see them when they pointed excitedly... reflects perception of belonging which is how an individual can never be fully certain if they truly belong. The irony also reflects the difficulty for an individual to know they belong."

^^^ Wtf? I have no idea what I was thinking at that time...

Memoir: a record of events written by a person having intimate knowledge of them and based on personal observation. < Ahh, and they could do that cause we have to have a personal response to belonging...

ahaha lol one sec i'll get out my response

raniaaa

HSC
omg LOL now this is just embarrassing:

"Irony is used in the poem to illustrate various perceptions of belonging. There was an evident cultural difference between the boat people and the "people who were here" as they "didn't have aerial surveillance or even guns". However, they responded "excitedly" showing that barriers preventing belonging can be overcome.

The irony in the line "it felt quite nobel like doing good" highlights the differing perspectives of belonging. Where they though they were benefitting the "people who were here", when in reality they didn't."

i got 1 mark :( lol

Bdogz

HSC
N/A
i'm preety sure they have seen it, because based on what i asked for paper 2 and other details, they sure knew what they were talking about and they were specific with some advice. But yes, most questions essentially, are "desired" to be straight forward, but its more reassuring to know it is. Rather then come to the date and see that its some f'd up irony question like in the cssa trial paper. But, then again its just about how much you're prepared, so there would be no worrying if you're ready.
what did they say about paper 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)