English HSC Text Question (1 Viewer)

CelltechFTW

HSC
wer doing "Justice Game" for our MODULE C which i think is dead set ridicilous and a bunch of bs.. i see most people on this site are doing Frontline and there is literaly 100x more information available to help me out..

i was thinking, is it possible that for my actual HSC, rather than do what the rest of my school is doing (Justice Game), that i can do a set text which i have chosen personaly (i.e Frontline) ???

thanks

smal-dogg

HSC
omg

same!! its a complete load of bs

plus our teacher has never taught it before....we've spent the last 6 weeks reading the text...he hasnt told us what we should focus on..and now he wants us to choose a related text....

im not sure if you can choose your own text...i think as long as its not one thats in a category you've already done.....eg drama....

but i dont know if your school would let you...cos it means you'd have to do a different trial.

lame as...we should totally get to have some say in the texts we do..

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
CelltechFTW said:
wer doing "Justice Game" for our MODULE C which i think is dead set ridicilous and a bunch of bs.. i see most people on this site are doing Frontline and there is literaly 100x more information available to help me out..

i was thinking, is it possible that for my actual HSC, rather than do what the rest of my school is doing (Justice Game), that i can do a set text which i have chosen personaly (i.e Frontline) ???

thanks
I think that it's possible that you can use a prescribed text different to that of your school, I've seen people who have come from other schools continue with the prescribed texts that they learnt at their previous schools half way through the year for example. To my knowledge you wouldn't get penalized for using a prescribed text different to that of your school. (Could someone clarify this?)

I know this is probably a different case, but personally I wouldn't recommend you change. You should talk to your teacher and ask them for help with The Justice Game, it honestly isn't as daunting when you break it down. If you do change to using Frontline, you'd be doing alot of your own research and your teacher may not be as knowledgeable on that text. This could give you a disadvantage in terms of having someone check your practice essays or provide feedback. However this may not be the case, I can't say, you know your teacher better than I do.

Also, if you have an assessment task for the whole year based on The Justice Game, I'm not sure how applying your knowledge of Frontline would be helpful there. In general though, In terms of answering the HSC essay questions, I'd say because they are both prescribed texts within Module C - Representation and Text, the underlying ideas and understandings you derive would share similarities, such as how media representations, or language, structure, and composition of a text can shape your ideas of the truth as well as manipulate truth. At the end of the day, it's your HSC. It really boils down to your own self-determination / drive for extra workload, and above all, what your schools plans are for utilising The Justice Game.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)