English issues (1 Viewer)

sickb

HSC
i have less than two weeks to trials (my school buys papers so we do them later then usual) and for English i am set for everything except for the short story. For the mid years i winged it and got 9/15 and the highest was 13/15. The problem is i write a story look at it and then throw it away as i think the idea doesn't work. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

charmingman

HSC
i have less than two weeks to trials (my school buys papers so we do them later then usual) and for English i am set for everything except for the short story. For the mid years i winged it and got 9/15 and the highest was 13/15. The problem is i write a story look at it and then throw it away as i think the idea doesn't work. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.
Yeh. I hate short story too.

All you need is a generic idea and a consistency in language to create a short story. Focus your descriptive language around the core of short story, (preparedness, revelation, and transformation). Also, really think about what you are writing and try and match the stimulates with your short story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)