English listening task. (1 Viewer)

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
Does any one have any practice listening tasks relating to journeys that I could use to prepare for one? I would be greatly appreciated.

WBD.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
ive got one coming up for my half-yearlies. can anyone tell me what you have to do for it lol?

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
WouldbeDoctor said:
Does any one have any practice listening tasks relating to journeys that I could use to prepare for one? I would be greatly appreciated.

WBD.
listening tasks? so u mean things like the teacher reads out a poem or story, and then its something like a Paper 1 Section 1? i never had one for my HSC English course...and that was a year ago.

or do u mean an oral presentation?

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
No, I mean a listening task. In my case it involves a tape been played twice, we take notes on techniques and write them down on a sheet which gets marked.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
mmmmmm u could try this:

get some written texts (poems, short stories, extracts, articles, etc...) that relate to journeys and get a mate to read it out to you while u jot down notes. ur mate takes the place of the tape recorder/player.

good examples to do:
-stimulus booklet texts --> wind in the willows, journey to the interior, text 7, the road not taken.
-interviews --> particularly those who has had a signficant change in their life
-short stories --> ones that involve physical journeys are good to do.
etc...be creative and found something interesting to test ur technique finding skills! LOL

your mate can write up REALISTIC questions 4 u to do. do the same to him/her, so its a nice study group exercise.

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
Mountain.Dew said:
mmmmmm u could try this:

get some written texts (poems, short stories, extracts, articles, etc...) that relate to journeys and get a mate to read it out to you while u jot down notes. ur mate takes the place of the tape recorder/player.

good examples to do:
-stimulus booklet texts --> wind in the willows, journey to the interior, text 7, the road not taken.
-interviews --> particularly those who has had a signficant change in their life
-short stories --> ones that involve physical journeys are good to do.
etc...be creative and found something interesting to test ur technique finding skills! LOL

your mate can write up REALISTIC questions 4 u to do. do the same to him/her, so its a nice study group exercise.
I don't have a friend to do that right now, I may have to use a family member, I already have the sheet that they want us to write on. which is.

Type of text: Source:
Context: because

Summarise what it 'says' about journeys:

Who are the intended responders?Support your answer.

Name two techniques it uses and explain how they help develop the composer's presentation of journeys:
1st technique:
Explained:

2nd technique:
Explained:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)