English Major Work Help (1 Viewer)

ibewatto

HSC
For extension 2 english i have done a collection of poems and was wondering if someone could help me with the following.

My collection is not double spaced (yet) though the criteria on board of studies says it should be, which i think kills the structure of my poems...is it necessary to double space poetry? will i lose marks if i dont?

cheers

ibewatto

HSC
yeah i considered 1.5 spacing but it throws out all my pages and thus order and looks pretty stupid. ill wait for my teacher to get back to me and will probably end up doing it just to appease the markers...thanks

kisschasy90

HSC
hey I'm doing ext2 also.... not sure about the double spacing thing... jst wanted to mention i haven't actually written my major work.... so u should be feeling pretty confident arhh kill me.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
kisschasy90 said:
hey I'm doing ext2 also.... not sure about the double spacing thing... jst wanted to mention i haven't actually written my major work.... so u should be feeling pretty confident arhh kill me.
wow, that really sux, ur gonna be pulling a couple of all nighters then?

HSC
kisschasy90 said:

Hey, although you might have a lot of work ahead of you (what are you doing, short story, poem?), some of my classmates haven't started either, and from reading some of the 2007 posts about major works, people had thousands of words to write days before the due date, and im sure there will be plenty this year.

People who started late - 1000 words the day before

Person got 49/50 - started 2 weeks before due date

Good luck everyone:D

Last edited:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Double spacing is to make it easier to read. And when a marker is reading hundreds of works, their eyes will get a little blurry and skip lines if they are single spaced.

Double spacing is to help them and to help you, to maximise ease of reading (AND it is a professional way to present your work - all professional writers MUST present their work double-spaced ot publishers won't even read it).

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)