English Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC

x___y

HSC
alright, mod a wtf. tempest and hagseed they gave us a random extract from a character i didn’t have any analysis for 🥲

mod b great

mod c short response WTF. 15 marker alright, but idk if i explored fulfilment properly

but all’s done, gtfo english forever and gl with the rest of ur exams people

tgone

HSC
alright, mod a wtf. tempest and hagseed they gave us a random extract from a character i didn’t have any analysis for 🥲

mod b great

mod c short response WTF. 15 marker alright, but idk if i explored fulfilment properly

but all’s done, gtfo english forever and gl with the rest of ur exams people
I do tempest and hagseed too - I just focalised the metatheatrical discussion and the idea of “servile” characters they gave- no specific analysis on Ariel prepared.

tgone

HSC
I love short answer in mod c hahahaha
i did tempest hagseed and talked about the meta-analysis which occureenin atwoods text in respect to the social context and other stuff. looked challenging at first but was quite straight forward.
basically same approach i took - made sure to quote it way too many times haha

Featurefilm24

HSC
but yea the paper as a whole was pretty good. I Stuffed Mod A up a bit as I def didn't reference the extract enough but that was more a me thing, Mod B was easy and the 5 marker in Mod C was honestly a relief (bit concerned I didn't write enough though, I just treated it like a common mod question so wrote a page with a thesis and 4 quotes/techniques??) and the 15 marker was super easy to adapt to!!

sappho22

HSC
thought it was a really decent exam. feeling a bit better now cause the first one i found slightly iffy. i didn't like 'duty' for great expectations but managed to do a pretty decent essay id say. liked it. NEXT UP MODERN!

rrrooster

HSC
mod a: so grateful for the question (on Plath and Hughes) as it was practically identical to the themes of my skeleton essay + I just needed to integrate the extract they gave

mod b: relatively straightforward with a little adjusting to the question

mod c: tbh I was most nervous for this mod since as soon as I saw the “Question 3” for mod C on the front cover I thought they would make us write a 20 mark discursive but I was pleasantly surprised that they made reference to common mod and gave the option between a creative and discursive.

Overall a solid 9.5/10 paper

yanujw

HSC
My thoughts;

Mod A - A bit of a unconventional extract but I liked it because it forced you to actually consider the textual conversation/interpretations (at least for KR3/LFR)
Mod B - Pretty standard and adaptable. Although the idea of entrapment within Eliot's poetry forced me to think deeply for a while.
Mod C(ommon) - You know what, I actually liked this one. I'm not complaining about a free 5 marks and a pretty easy stimulus - especially when I had fears they were going to do something cruel for this section this year.

cyniczny

HSC
mod b and c were godsends for me, mod a could have gone a lot better (had to condense my essay and went a little overtime f) and even though one of my prepared arguments fit the extract very well, i had some trouble actually writing an improvised response based upon it.

out of interest, around how many pages did you guys use per module? got to the last page of the booklet for mod a but b and c were about a page shorter than that

notme123

HSC
does anyone know what the keats extracts were (mod A)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)