English Ranking/Scaling dilemma (1 Viewer)

eez

HSC
N/A
Hi guys

can someone help me with this

Ive been concentrating on all my subjects maths/physics/chem
and neglecting to study for english (stupid me)

now my advance english mark is pretty low about 65% :(
no i'm not to pleased about it. and puts my rank NEAR the bottom of the class :(

Say I maintained that mark (hopefully I can increase it with upcumming exams)

If i do perfrom extra well in my final HSC exam say about 80% (which I think I MIGHT be able to pull off) what would my Aligned/moderated HSC mark be? (roughly)

would it be close to the 80 or would they give me an average 72.5?

considering my ranking is still low at 65% but with the hsc exam at 80%

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Your aligned exam mark would be determined by your raw mark in the exam.
It is very difficult to explain what your moderated mark will be. Your moderated mark would be similar to the exam mark of someone with your rank.....Do you get it?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You can always improve your moderated mark by ensuring that your class as a whole performs well on the HSC exam.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Meaning after your assessments are finished, the HSC is basically a -team effort-

i.e. Your classmates doing well is beneficial to you and everyone else.

aditya

HSC
u geniuses, use the calculator on bored of studies... it seems to be pretty logical... basically, from observation (somebody confirm) the person above u in rankings gets ur mark... so if the person above u isnt that great... then ur in trouble... because u cant get a moderated mark higher than theirs... so.. if u get 80... then they will get a moderated mark of 80, and u will be left with i have no idea =)

lol sorry, just check out the calculator for moderated marks on the bored of studies website....

here ill give u the link, try and get a sheet of ur grades marks... lol, then enter them all in and see how u would go with different marks...

http://www.boredofstudies.org/moderate.php

but play aroudn with it.. its top stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)