• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English RANKING (1 Viewer)

lonelynight99

HSC
Hey guys I had a question!
I will show the marks, rank and the HSC exam marks.

School Assessment Marks Rank HSC exam
Student A : 85% 1st 85%
Student B : 84% 2rd 95%
Student C: 54% 3th 60%
Student D: 50% 4th 50%

I wonder if the final marks for student B will goes down or its similar to the HSC marks?, and what do you reckon the final marks for student A will be?
If you have any question regarding to the content, please feel free to ask me. Thanks in advance.

D94

HSC
N/A
Since they must be raw school marks, then student B will probably get 93 for their assessment mark + their 95 exam mark so that's around 94 HSC mark.

Although, it seems likely an outlier case (in this case, it's half the cohort!), so BOS will do separate calculations. But I think my estimate is reasonably correct.

lonelynight99

HSC
Oh I think so it sounds reasonable.
At first I thought, id I dont come first I will get scaled down with the rest of the class.

What do u reckon the marks of student A will be?

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
Oh, there's another question. Student A will get 90. It will be the average of the highest exam mark (which will be their assessment mark) + their own exam mark. So the average of 85 and 95 is 90.

lonelynight99

HSC
Oh, there's another question. Student A will get 90. It will be the average of the highest exam mark (which will be their assessment mark) + their own exam mark. So the average of 85 and 95 is 90.
I see......thats a huge advantage for them!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No it reflects the fact that they did well all year and then did relatively poorly in the exam so they get a mark that reflects their full years work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)