English Related Texts (1 Viewer)

Gotei

HSC
The people that mark your HSC English paper. Do they know your related material?

E.g. If one of my related material is a tropfest film whereby only a few have heard of it does the marker look it up before marking my paper or does he simply go with what evidence I have provided

Demise

HSC
They don't look it up, they just assume what you're talking about is right and mark you based on the language, analysis, sophistication and if the argument is coherent and in-depth enough to make sense and answer the question. People have made up additional texts and scored Band 5/6, because it's not the content of the text/film (or whatever), but instead on the analysis and whether you've addressed the question.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
They MIGHT know your film if they've read/seen/watched it in the past but they don't check the related text before marking your paper or anything like that. They just go with the evidence given.

Demise

HSC
They MIGHT know your film if they've read/seen/watched it in the past but they don't check the related text before marking your paper or anything like that. They just go with the evidence given.
That's the truth - So even if your text is unknown, if they've seen it and you're not lying, you're fine. If you're lying, most probably you'll still be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)