English ruins the HSC experience (2 Viewers)

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
and u hafta think.. it challenges u .. which i like..
Yeah just takes a bit of time to learn how to think like a leftist. You know, having to come up with some bullshit excuse for the reasons why chechan's (and arabs) took the Beslan School #1 hostage.

cameron0110

HSC
I hate english and I agree that the HSC for me would be so much better if I didn't have to do it at all. The sad thing is that it takes a lot more effort for me to do a 40 minute english essay than a 4 unit maths and chem paper. In fact I've been deliberately doing maths and chem to put off doing english essays which is so nerdy its depressing... but anyway, wednesday next week its all over for ever! :)

HSC
N/A
The only problem I have with english is that to do it properly, you have to be in the right mood - otherwise, you're pushing against granite and the whole thing is just pointless...

And for me, it's like that 99% of the time. :(

iamsickofyear12

HSC
smallcattle said:
the thing i hate about english is that there is no defined answer... you could be thinking you have produced the best eassy you have ever done, and then in the end it turns out to be the worst writing ever
English uses a wheel with numbers on it to determine marks. The marker just spins it and thats your mark. So in the HSC with multiple markers means you will get the average of your all spins.

The current english syllabus is a waste of time and effort. After Wednesday I will never use anything learned in english this year ever again. HSC work should be useful and it's not.

KfWang

i agree with most that its not the fact that english is a crap subject, but its the ONLY subject that counts tat stuffs the HSC.. i have realised that English is not really english, but its a mix of religion, philosophy and a little bit of history...

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
Heck, I enjoy English so much! In fact, it turns me on to no god damn end and gives me the best orga-censored-!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111ONE.

HSC
N/A
I think this is a classic case of insanity brought on by too much english cramming.

:)

kylie_robbo

English should be taught as an Arts subject rather than a compulsary one... Cos I suppose for some people it is an art form...

.:b-me:.

memories consume
i think our english lessons teach us a whole lot of stuff you don't need to know.
at least in america they widen your vocabulary, rather than make you spout other people's thoughts.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Oh God, let's not even get started on the American education system and their dodgy as SAT's for verbal...

HSC
Giant Lobster said:
Not that itll definitely be the subject that pulls me down, I'm sure many would agree that English is the most stressful subject for examination. If it weren't for English, heck, I might even enjoy this HSC :D

Oh well, lucky its teh first 2 exams, after which, no more hallucination-inducing stress :)
omg...i in that position too,hehez, i just passed english in the trials...50% >.<

EnGLiSh SuX.End of story :p

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I think English is fine compared to having to memorise so much crap for Ancient History... and that I'm also failing (really badly) Society and Culture (<--DDIIIEEEE!!!)

omg_a

HSC
mmm i hate coming out of english exams habing no idea how i went...i think i did okay, then do terribly or vice versa. at least in other subjects, you can pretty well guess how u went.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I don't know where you've been, but English is the HSC experience. Every subject apart from maths is at least 80% English. The purpose of the HSC is to be a bullshit front so that the government can say they're increasing literacy. It's a game, you play it the way they tell you to, and you get stuck into some real education in uni.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
they tell you to, and you get stuck into some real education in uni.
a hahaa hahaha ahahaha ahhahaha hahaha

cough.. sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)