English SC - what to study? (1 Viewer)

i love to act

HSC
I really want to do well in English but I'm a bit unsure on what to study for it.

Any suggestions?

speedofsound

HSC
Go over techniques and text types and go over past papers. You can't really study for this subject.

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
yea. and practice.

thats it. you can't really study content. just practice your skills.

suzlee

HSC
I'm on the same boat... I'm crap at English, never found it interesting and don't intend to force myself to, but I still need to do well in it...

What I did before my English trials was prepare a story or two to use when it comes to the extended response bit. You can usually mutate most stories into something reasonably relevant to the question :) I ended up getting a really really general, open-ended creative writing question in the trial exam and used one of my prepared stories. I was happy :D

If you don't get a story question, then bad luck... hmmm :lol:

Brontecat

HSC
you get better marks if u correctly use big words in the extened responses, so study up the inconsequential words and try not to be too verbose in your responses.
to find some big words i just picked up a book and wrote down the words i didn't get. This was easier cause they had a context then.
I used twilight, it's got lots of big words.

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
Brontecat said:
you get better marks if u correctly use big words in the extened responses, so study up the inconsequential words and try not to be too verbose in your responses.
to find some big words i just picked up a book and wrote down the words i didn't get. This was easier cause they had a context then.
I used twilight, it's got lots of big words.
You think? I always thought twilight used simple words. Which is why it attracts alot of tweens and younger girls.

TBK11

HSC
English is Awesome!!!!
i love it thats why im doing Ex1 English
Lame....
English is a subject that you cant really study for but prepare go over past papers analyze text and answer questions go over your techniques n ull do fine im sure of it

HSC
You might also like to look over your language techniques. eg juxtaposition, simile, metaphor, hyperbole, etc.

In the comprehension you will probably get questions like "Name the language technique used in the line 51."

yoyo8minidragon

HSC
DALiE. (: said:
You think? I always thought twilight used simple words. Which is why it attracts alot of tweens and younger girls.
i agree twilight uses simple words!

supraz

HSC
just make sure u kno how 2 write in different text types like speech, interview etc
also language and visual techniques

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)