English scaling (1 Viewer)

HSC
I know there's already plenty of threads about scaling, but i'm curious about how different English Advanced and English Standard are. Does anyone know?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
a good indication is the fact that the number of band 6s in advanced english is high (err i don't have statistics but BOS should) i'm guessing over 2000?

whereas in standard english there were if i remembe correctly about a 100 who got band 6 last year (more people in the state do standard than adv)

chiquitina

HSC
The prominant reason to why students completing the Standard English course are not able too attain Band 6's is that Standard students are less motivated compared to those completing the Advanced course.

asdf5432

HSC
i thought the reason why it was difficult for Standard students to reach a band 6 was because Advanced English covers areas that Standard doesnt....?

HSC
Thanks.
What about if this year (Yr 11) I've been getting marks of around 50% for most exams in Advanced English (and 14/15 for one assignment). Would it be worth dropping it and picking up Standard? Also, would the workload be noticeably less?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)