English Standard Paper 2 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
All the best everyone doing Standard English for tomorrows paper.

Discuss your thoughts on how you found the exam. Was it better than Paper 1, maybe harder?

Good luck!

charmandheaven

HSC
The stimulus for Mod C was for the end?? Who does that??? Also, I put cultural tension as like conflict between cultures. E.g. conflict between Asian heritage and living in Australia.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Depressed, might as just give up

Bob Jane

HSC
Regardless of what happens I have completed english without reading any of my prescribed texts, and I am very proud of that fact.

Bandsaw27

HSC
Would've done way better if we had 3 hours honestly.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Would've done way better if we had 3 hours honestly.
Paper 2 is screwed up, what the f is a cultural tension?? And how do you expect us to write 3 or more pages of writing in 40 minutes with only an image??

Bandsaw27

HSC
Paper 2 is screwed up, what the f is a cultural tension?? And how do you expect us to write a 3 or more pages of writing in 40 minutes with only one picture??
I just wrote about cultural tension being the difference in lower and higher class - lower class has mateship and backing each other up, higher class likes profit - thus causes conflict between them - no idea if that hit the mark or not. I found I was better at the creative but I struggled with the fact the stimulus was meant to be at the end? Wtf?

edit: should mention my text was The Castle

Last edited:

alole201

HSC
im just happy that we never have to study english at ALL
rip

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
I just wrote about cultural tension being the difference in lower and higher class - lower class has mateship and backing each other up, higher class likes profit - thus causes conflict between them - no idea if that hit the mark or not. I found I was better at the creative but I struggled with the fact the stimulus was meant to be at the end? Wtf?
I wrote the cultural tension about their identity towards their culture and how it is communicated. I just struggled with the amount of writing in section 3 that we have to do coz I couldn't think of any more ideas that can relate to it. The cow part doesn't deserve that much paper because it's so much harder to write a text with ideas instead of analyze it from a text.

Last edited:

MrSir

HSC
N/A
wtf is cultural tension
It’s like people from one or several ethnic or cultural societies coming to a far different place with different styles of living and automatically expecting the new community to change to the lifestyle the new people are used to

there are other examples of course but that is one

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
It’s like people from one or several ethnic or cultural societies coming to a far different place with different styles of living and automatically expecting the new community to change to the lifestyle the new people are used to

there are other examples of course but that is one
I just wrote about Merlinda Bobis, how her use of language features symbolizes her development of perspective and impact on her, and the use of bilingualism paradoxically demonstrates her cultural connection also how it blocks our feeling towards it. Does this sound okay?

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't even have time to write down all my thoughts.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Great news guys! Even when I did the subject last year I found Paper 2 to be so much easier

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
It makes so much sense now why does so less people get a band 5 in English compared to others

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
It makes so much sense now why does so less people get a band 5 in English compared to others
You mean in English Standard?

Usually people say why does hardly anyone get band 6 in Standard not band 5

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Standard literally has the weakest cohort out of any subject. Probably 60% of students in it don't care about the Hsc.
Okay, that's bullshit since English is compulsory. I only chose standard simply because I don't think I can do Advanced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)