English Study Thread (for HSC 2006) (1 Viewer)

HSC
how come your signiture has 10 days until savannah's '05 HSC ends?

you know it could be either your teacher is really clueless, or is broad, journeys tends to be very broad because they have to cater for 66000 students

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
We had to talk about the images in the stimulus booklet? Opps :/

I dont think ive ever seen that said here, by my teachers or anywhere else untill now.

xx__savannah

HSC
Cos I do accel Chem in 10 days.

I'd hate to think my teacher is clueless -- that'd tarnish my opinion of English senior markers. I think her problem is she sees things one way, accepts it as that. Like for Inner, and 'Journey to Interior', she asked me who Atwood was talking to, and I took it as man, for the feminist persepctive she had painted Atwood in, and she's like "Not really, it's herself."

xx__savannah

HSC
Rafy said:
We had to talk about the images in the stimulus booklet? Opps :/

I dont think ive ever seen that said here, by my teachers or anywhere else untill now.

Let's hope we don't and my teacher is just being stupid. I mean, they just don't relate.

xx__savannah

HSC
LOL, I'm almost bottom in the class -- I think you'll beat me :p
I'm in the Accel Class to make up the numbers, not on any basis of intelligence. Luckily, I'm repeating, and going against another accel class full of smartarses.

xx__savannah

HSC
My problem is I think I grasp them, but don't. I swear, I got sympathy marks for my essay on critical study of Slessor's poetry -- according to the teacher that marked it, my history-thing was more of an opinion.

HSC
xx__savannah said:
LOL, I'm almost bottom in the class -- I think you'll beat me :p
I'm in the Accel Class to make up the numbers, not on any basis of intelligence. Luckily, I'm repeating, and going against another accel class full of smartarses.
yeh but at least you'll have had the first round of HSC chem in your mind, do it in year 12 again i guarantee you'll probably annihilate it with a heads up of the entire year up your sleeve

xx__savannah

HSC
Yeah, there's no way I'm not repeating it, I suck that much, and I can't wanna pick up a new subject or use it to study -- I have 1u free, 2u on-line subject which I can do anything in). I'm glad I'm beating some Year 12s tho. The best thing about repeating is that I can improve on the assignments I did bad in, and practically recycle my essay on Haber.

Also, I won't be as stressed going into my HSC next year -- that's what I can't deal with too well. Its not so bad with English. Word-for-word essays just happen.

HSC
oh trust me haber process is nothing compared to "assess the development of ship corrosion prevention" a nice big 8 marks of me bullshitting about 4000 years of ship material history

xx__savannah

HSC
Was that the CSSA trial?
I loved that question. I seemed to have blinked for an unusual amount of time after finishing it, and realised I hadn't done a whole double page of easy questions, but I got 22/25 for Elective, and I was happy.

HSC
yep I did that as practice handed it in and only got 84% :(, option topic i got 19/25

do you know how I remembered what the ships where made of? games, I rememeber upgrading the ships from bamboo/animal skin too wood, then iron etc.., I wrote that and i got like 3 :p teacher asked me what I was talking about, I told her no idea

xx__savannah

HSC
LOL, that is classic =) I just bullshitted about it, I was so surprised when my teacher goes "if you do that well in every section, I'll never have to see you again." She will though.
I'm hoping that Haber comes up in the HSC, those dot points were an assignment, and they just make sense.

HSC
doesnt matter how many past papers I do, i get close to 0 for electrochemistry in POM but full marks in SMM, go figure :(

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Casmira said:
while you have 320 odd days left
Correction. 360 days left from today (From 24/10/05)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh the 2006 English Paper 1 is on Thursday 19th October 2006

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
xx__savannah said:
What electrochemistry is in Production Of Materials?
There's displacement reactions, redox reactions, galvanic cells, electromotive force and electrode potential. Electrolysis was written out of the syllabus, I'm pretty sure.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)