English trials. (1 Viewer)

LOLA!!!!

HSC
N/A
i was wondering if their paper had a passage on the golden compass?

kaha167

HSC
Yes..
I had my trials today and the first thing in it was the dvd promotion on the golden compass

Aznmichael92

HSC
ours was different, it was about tom cruise and one of his movie. Apparently not many people did good. My teacher said barely anyone got above 80 when the exam was out of 90. 40/45 for multiple choice was light highest in my class...

HSC
nope..we have most of our exams with the exception of science written internally..and so we get gay tests :mad1:

HSC
I thought ours were made up by the school, but obviously in English they weren't and in Maths today they recycled some old SC papers (i suspect they may do the same for science like last time)

Naminé

HSC
I love it when they try to appeal to us like that.

Old papers include questions on how long it takes to download a song, given its filesize and the kbps at which one downloads. =o

I didn't see anything declaring they were downloading it LEGALLY, either. X)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
kaha167 said:
Yes..
I had my trials today and the first thing in it was the dvd promotion on the golden compass
OMG , yeah my english one, first thing was dvd promotion :golden compass.
Then the fourth mutiplc choice section was soemthing about a mum, receiving a bite from a hen or something. :shy:
LOL

TBK11

HSC
My trials r Next term :D
i got 2 weeks of hardcore insane Partying XD
then the night before ill hit the books :)

Aznmichael92

HSC
i did so bad for english, only 67/90 :( The highest in our grade was only like 81/90

HSC
dux&src said:
Then the fourth mutiplc choice section was soemthing about a mum, receiving a bite from a hen or something. :shy:
LOL
Haha Yes! that was funny and quite random...

How did you guys interperet the short story extended response?

M

mascara

Yes, we also had the Golden Compass promotion in our exam. What the. I always thought schools write their own SC trial exam papers.

TBK11

HSC
Whats this Golden Compass hmm i thought they were diffrent was it it same Question everyone got?
no way it can be the same can it

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Note to self: Watch the Golden Compass/read it's wikipedia article before next term starts.

Cardea

HSC
mascara said:
Yes, we also had the Golden Compass promotion in our exam. What the. I always thought schools write their own SC trial exam papers.
Some do write their own, but a lot use the independently created exams. I was so surprised when I learnt that a few of my friends from other schools had some of the same trials as us. My english trial didn't have the Golden Compass though.. the first article was a short story (though pretty long, I thought) about some boy and the ocean.

HSC
Cardea said:
Some do write their own, but a lot use the independently created exams. I was so surprised when I learnt that a few of my friends from other schools had some of the same trials as us. My english trial didn't have the Golden Compass though.. the first article was a short story (though pretty long, I thought) about some boy and the ocean.
I think that was my half yearly paper (we have half yearlies, trial SC and SC).... if it was it was really really long and time consuming to read!

Cardea

HSC
want2beasenior said:
I think that was my half yearly paper (we have half yearlies, trial SC and SC).... if it was it was really really long and time consuming to read!
I know! We had ten minutes reading time and I didn't even finsih reading the thing! I think I abandoned reading it about half way through.. I just followed the lines given by each question :D

We didn't actually have a half yearly paper for english. Just 5 assessment tasks throughout the year.

HSC
Well we had 5 assessment tasks as well as half yearlies, trials and sc so our school likes to 'prepare' us....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)