English Tuition..Matrix? (1 Viewer)

marauder7

HSC
Hi just wondering whether anybody knows how good Matrix education is at English tutoring for Year 11-12?
Their website shows one person who ended up topping Extension 1 but I'm interested in hearing people who first-hand know of its quality and effectiveness.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Threads on bored have argued mixed result, but imo not worth it for the money

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
just because one person tops, doesn't mean there are a lot of high achievers. imo, class tutoring for english is terrible because it doesn't target specific needs. get a private tutor instead.

Machiavelli1

HSC
Hi there, I currently go to Matrix for English, I must say, my marks have risen exponentially. In year 10 and 11 my marks hovered around 9-12/20 and the occasionally 14. However once I started going to matrix in year 12, my marks have risen to consistent 16-17/20 across ALL assessment tasks. Matrix has opened a new understanding of english and critical thinking and I thoroughly advocate for them. For me personally, I used to go to a semi private tutoring place during 10 and 11 and I didn't like it and I didn't gain much for it, So I switched to matrix where I learnt more a performed better at school. However the class room atmosphere is not beneficial for everyone and you may want to ask for a trial lesson before u commit.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Matrix and talent are terribad. Get a private tutor which can write your essays. What.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

bongoli

HSC
works for some people, doesn't work for others

saif1788

HSC
It all depends on the teacher doing the teaching, are they qualified to teach english? And what experience do they have?
Whether it's matrix or any other place, you are looking for an experienced teacher who knows the HSC.

It also depends on how much you study ;-) lol & never let anyone write your essays for you, u'll be wasting your time ane money, learn it and master it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhoStanLeee

HSC
Hi just wondering whether anybody knows how good Matrix education is at English tutoring for Year 11-12?
Their website shows one person who ended up topping Extension 1 but I'm interested in hearing people who first-hand know of its quality and effectiveness.
Looks like the page has some very mixed opinions on the quality of Matrix. As a Matrix student I would recommend it for a variety of reasons (and not for any source of promotion). As you are undertaking the HSC next year, Matrix has very quality English teachers and tutors for the seniors years many of whom are vastly experienced. The resources provided by Matrix are also very professional and are a valuable of not only Module-specific content, but also general English help. What you get out of it is really up to you - some people work better in groups with a few classmates, while others benefit more from private tuition. I believe that Matrix does offer a trial lesson, so you can get a taste of what it has to offer!

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Don't go Matrix. Just don't go. Do private tutoring. PM me if you need one. I know one but she's quite far from the Straithfield area

abir99

HSC
Don't go Matrix. Just don't go. Do private tutoring. PM me if you need one. I know one but she's quite far from the Straithfield area
Hey, I've been considering going to Matrix. I'm struggling in English Advanced and DON'T want to drop it. What's the good one you were talking about.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hey, I've been considering going to Matrix. I'm struggling in English Advanced and DON'T want to drop it. What's the good one you were talking about.
Read your thread that I posted in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)