English Tutor: HSC ESL/Standard/Adv/Ext/Ext 2 and Editing (1 Viewer)

Jwatkins

HSC
Here's why you should consider hiring me as your English tutor:

To teach, you have to be able to communicate.
  • I have 5 years of English tutoring experience and have also coached weekly debating classes at various schools like Sydney Boys.
  • I run the training programme of the university's debating society and am involved in the mentoring of younger university students in medicine.

You can only teach what you can do yourself.
  • I have an average mark of 89 across my English literature major and my arts degree (I've finished the arts component of my arts/medicine degree). I have prizes, topped courses and so on in everything from 16th Century literature to postmodernism.
  • For comparison's sake, the average at UNSW for 3rd year English courses in 2009 was 66. Most of the students doing these courses will become the teachers of English who you are familiar with. Ask your teacher/tutor - what did he/she get?
  • I can show you how to write essays for any area. My philosophy average mark is 92; I came 2nd in the state for history extension in the HSC. Every essay I have ever written at university has gotten a high distinction.
  • I've done public speaking (state finalist in SMH Plain English Speaking Competition), debating (at international competitions), short story writing (university classes and writer's club) and script-writing (for various university productions). I can help you with writing speeches, interviews and stories because I've actually done them myself.
  • I can teach grammar rules having studied them in the context of linguistics and foreign languages.

If you're looking for someone with knowledge of your texts and the ability to share this knowledge; if you're looking for someone with the skills to write clearly and effectively, and the experience to help you to do this, you should send me a message.

I cater for all HSC English students. Lessons at UNSW or my house in Lidcombe area. Price and contact details on request.

Runamuck

HSC
N/A
Hi i am interested in more details re tutoring my daughter Brianna. she is doing well in extension & advanced english but still feels lacking in story & essay writing . she is interested in journalism . she is a great kid. please let me now of rates & availability .
Cheers Tony

samantha1994

HSC

hi, do you tutor any other subjects except english?
how much for a standard english tutoring session?
and where do you do the tutoring?
Thanks
- Samantha

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
You can only teach what you can do yourself.
  • I have an average mark of 89 across my English literature major and my arts degree (I've finished the arts component of my arts/medicine degree). I have prizes, topped courses and so on in everything from 16th Century literature to postmodernism.
  • For comparison's sake, the average at UNSW for 3rd year English courses in 2009 was 66. Most of the students doing these courses will become the teachers of English who you are familiar with. king Competition), debating (at international competitions),
  • I can teach grammar rules having studied them in the context of linguistics and foreign languages.

You have outstanding credentials to tutor English.

But shouldn't the "who" be "whom" if you want to be strict about grammar.

Jwatkins

HSC

hi, do you tutor any other subjects except english?
how much for a standard english tutoring session?
and where do you do the tutoring?
- Samantha
Hi Samantha, I tutor at UNSW or at my house in the Lidcombe area. Unfortunately, I only teach English and essay writing.

Thanks for your interest Tony. I'll take the opportunity to clarify pricing and availability for everyone. Lessons are $100 for 2 hours (with significant discounts for paying a term in advance). This remains very competitive with colleges like James An. Availability depends on whether you want the lessons at UNSW or Lidcombe. If you provide a list of times for which you are available, I'll try and fit you in - we can discuss the options, which can be quite specific to your needs (for example, only for a subset of times can I guarantee 100% availability).

priyashayla

HSC
N/A
i am entering year 12 in 2012 and am interested in tutoring for 4 unit also with editing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)