English Tutor (1 Viewer)

juliacollings

HSC
Hi everyone,
I am an English Teacher with a Dip Ed from Maquarie, and a Bachelor of Arts from Sydney with Honours in English and History.
I am keen to tutor anyone who needs it either online or in person. I am experienced in teaching English from years 7-12 (up to Ext 2).
If you want one-on-one tutoring outside of the net, I charge about $40 per hour, in the North Shore area.
I am keen to help you maximise your potential, whether that means a band 6 or a band 2.
If you are interested, drop me a post!
Julia Collings

litttlelaura

HSC
hello.

i am in year 12 and doing english advanced. i am not getting the results i am aiming for and i would really like some help with it. i am doing alright in my other subjects but recently my results in english have lowered my confidence level in all subjects.

i live on the lower northern beaches of sydney but would be willing to travel if thats easier.

i am studying:

inner journeys - empire of the sun by jg ballard
transformations - hamlet & rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead
gwen harwood poems
frontline.

if you feel that you could help me please write back asap.

my email is little.laura@hotmail.com

thankyou!!!

juliacollings

HSC
Hey Laura,
what areas do you particularly have problems in? can you send me a sample of an essay so I can have an idea of what you need?

litttlelaura

HSC
well i got my results from my half yearly english exam back today.

i got 72% in advanced so i must be doing something right. but i want to raise that by about 10 though.

are you familiar with the texts i am studying?

all my comments on the exam say i know what im talking about but i need to relate my answers back to what the question is asking and i need to move to the next level. it happens time and time again. i dont do enough analysis and synthesis. so im having trouble with that area.

im not too sure if i need a tutor. none of my friends think i need one ... but im still unsure.

i'll send an essay when i type one up.

thanks again.

atittude_

HSC
Hey julia...just wondering whether u have experience marking HSC exams? it's not essential but i would prefer it cos my major problem lies in my inability to perceive the faults of my own work and i need a tutor that will be able to mark any practice essays or creatives i write at the expected HSC level and give me constructive feedback as to how to maximise my marks. If you are willing to offer this PLEASE reply with ur details so we can have a trial session. THANKS!

juliacollings

HSC
Ok for Laura,
I am familiar with Hamlet and R&G, and Frontline, both of which I taught at James Ruse

For Attitude,
I am not an HSC marker, but i have been tutoring HSC students for the past 2 years...what are your texts?

atittude_

HSC
Hi, i am doing colderide (imaginative journeys), emma/clueless, king lear and frontline.

koe1988

HSC
Hey im joseph, just wondering if you can help me, that is if you now my texts, im doing physical journey, peters poem, king lear, blade runner, and frontline. i am a total shocker, but if your willing to help i can travel. that is where do you tutur exactly, you can email me back on koreanhero1988@hotmail.com thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)