English tutoring (up to 4U) at Strathfield (1 Viewer)

soporific

HSC
Hi everyone =)

I am a recent HSC graduate (class of'10) from North Sydney Girls High School. I currently taking students for english (Adv. Ext 1 and Ext 2). Upon graduating, I was hired by a coaching college but due to transportation difficulties I have not continued to teach there.

My overall marks for english are as follows:

Adv. English - 95/100
Ext. 1 English - 46/50 (HSC exam mark was 47/50)
Ext 2 English - 47/50

I am confident I can help preliminary HSC students develop both their critical and creative skills in order to build and secure a strong foundation for higher school certificate english.

For HSC students, I did the following texts:
Adv. English:
AOS (Belonging) - As you like it
Module 1 - Frankenstein and Blade Runner
Module 2- Poetry by W.B Yeats
Module 3- Justice Game

Ext. English (Elective - Navigating the global)
Shipping News
Poetry by Seamus Heaney
Lost in Translation

So if you are a HSC student who wishes to be tutored in the above texts, I believe I can guide you to achieve a better, more holistic understanding. I also have an abundance of resources (full mark essays, speeches, creatives) for these modules which will be very useful during trials/hsc exams.

Also, having completed English extension 2, I understand the motivation, perseverance and stamina required to excel. For this reason, I am also offering to be a mentor for 4 unit students who require it. Furthermore, I welcome younger students (e.g. yr. 7-10) provided I am available to do so (having said this however, greater priority will be given to yr 11/12 students so please contact me about this).

As I enjoy english so much, I am going to commence Arts/Law at UNSW in February 2012 majoring in english for the Arts component (I've deferred my offer and decided to take a gap year to gain some 'life experience' i.e. travel, volunteering, work etc. before I make the 5 year commitment of studying my course).

On a final note, I would just like to add that I have an avid devotion towards english and if my skills can be of some benefit to others, then I am more than happy to help. My approach to tutoring will be very much tailored to your individual needs. Basically, we discuss your weaknesses (e.g. essay writing) and go from there. Or if you solely wish me to structure the lessons the way I see fit, I am willing to do that also.

If you would like to know more (e.g. availabilities), please don't hesitate to send me a PM ... I lurk around the BOS boards regularly and should get back to you ASAP.

*** Please Note *** I tutor from home, which is a short 5 minute walk from Strathfield station (right next to Meriden junior school). If it's absolutely necessary, I will tutor at Strathfield library but I can't guarantee this because I prefer to tutor at my place (it's more practical since all my teaching materials/resources are at home).

EDIT - To answer enquiries - Rates are $25 p/h (from my home). Lower reates apply for group tutoring.

Thank you ! :)

Last edited:

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Didn't know there was an Extension 3 English Course =p.

Free Bump for awesome marks though.

soporific

HSC
bahaha ext. 3? gosh ext. 2 is stressful enough as it is >_<
thank you ever so much for pointing that out :p

thanks and congrats on your fantastic marks too (especially state rank!)

Swatij

HSC
N/A
Hi.
My daughter needs help in English and I was wondering if you would be able to help her? She's in year10 at strathfield girls. (So we are close by!)
Could you arrange a time to meet my daughter & I?
You can contact me, my email is jains0202@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you soon :)

unknown001

HSC
Hi, I am currently studying in Year 10 and i am willing to improve my English for IB next year.
You can contact me via email joannnnewong@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you soon, Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)