English writing time (1 Viewer)

Octavius

HSC
How long should you ideally take to write out an essay? Do you think 30 minutes per essay is plausible given that you know your essays inside out?

may22

HSC
You have 40mins per essay for paper 2 so yeah, writing your essays in 30mins sounds ok...
Forgive me for asking, are you memorising your essays and regurgitating them, or are you memorising just your quotes/context/form etc and crafting your analysis to suit the question?

Octavius

HSC
You have 40mins per essay for paper 2 so yeah, writing your essays in 30mins sounds ok...
Forgive me for asking, are you memorising your essays and regurgitating them, or are you memorising just your quotes/context/form etc and crafting your analysis to suit the question?
Sort of the latter. I don't want to regurgitate but rather have it in the back of my mind while trying to stay as open as possible.

may22

HSC
Sort of the latter. I don't want to regurgitate but rather have it in the back of my mind while trying to stay as open as possible.
Yeah cool, that's what I'm doing too. 30mins actually sounds really fast to me. In trials I needed all the time I could get.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Memorise your whole essay (I say this because if you’re ever stuck on analysis little sections of the memorised stuff might just click with you in the exam). Do practice qs where you switch up parts of the analysis to answer the question. Aim to finish in 35mins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)