english (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
btw btw
how long does it take u to get through section I?
bruh it takes me like 50ish minutes so ig i'll have to do the essay in like 30 mins or smth idek
50 MINUTES??? THATS SO GOOD bro it takes me 2 hours tffff but like i dont have adrenaline do you time yourself?

zizi2003_

HSC
50 MINUTES??? THATS SO GOOD bro it takes me 2 hours tffff but like i dont have adrenaline do you time yourself?
bro trust me just BS section I
write whatever comes to ur head first and whatever technique you notice first, don't overthink it

stressedadfff

HSC
bro trust me just BS section I
write whatever comes to ur head first and whatever technique you notice first, don't overthink it
NO BRO thats literally what i do i just take long to BS as well HAHAHAH

Wizjaro

HSC
Yea definitely recommend speeding through section 1 and getting through the first 2 questions hella quickly and finishing the others as fast as possible which leaves heaps of leeway for section 2. Doing this allowed me to finish section 1 in 35-40 mins and I get so much time for the essay that I can really make sure that my response is nuanced and actually answers the question. In 10mins time you should read all the texts(Just so you have a general understanding of what the text is trying to say) and the common mod question. Then with the remaining time go back and analyse the first two texts so that once you can start writing you'll finish those two sections extremely quick.

icycledough

HSC
Yea definitely recommend speeding through section 1 and getting through the first 2 questions hella quickly and finishing the others as fast as possible which leaves heaps of leeway for section 2. Doing this allowed me to finish section 1 in 35-40 mins and I get so much time for the essay that I can really make sure that my response is nuanced and actually answers the question. In 10mins time you should read all the texts(Just so you have a general understanding of what the text is trying to say) and the common mod question. Then with the remaining time go back and analyse the first two texts so that once you can start writing you'll finish those two sections extremely quick.
As I mentioned on a different thread (I think the general discussion one), I would think most people, from the 90 minutes given, may spend a bit more time on the short answer questions (maybe a 50/40 split), just because they are questions you would have never seen before, and reading a brand new text and understanding what it's about takes time and skill to master. On the other hand, your essay is one you have been perfecting and working on for the entire year, and with a solid knowledge of your text, should be second nature. But I guess however you decide to split it up, as long as you can finish both sections in 90 minutes and make sure it's to the best of your quality, then there's nothing wrong with however you decide to split it up.

Wizjaro

HSC
As I mentioned on a different thread (I think the general discussion one), I would think most people, from the 90 minutes given, may spend a bit more time on the short answer questions (maybe a 50/40 split), just because they are questions you would have never seen before, and reading a brand new text and understanding what it's about takes time and skill to master. On the other hand, your essay is one you have been perfecting and working on for the entire year, and with a solid knowledge of your text, should be second nature. But I guess however you decide to split it up, as long as you can finish both sections in 90 minutes and make sure it's to the best of your quality, then there's nothing wrong with however you decide to split it up.
I think there is some truth here and I understand why people may do this. But I also believe that with enough practice answering unseen short responses becomes natural, as they have a very nice structure to them. And I personally prefer having more time for the essay so that I can really make sure I'm answering the question as it is intended throughout my entire piece, because sometimes when I write my essays on autopilot I forget to include important pieces of information. But its definitely a personal preference.

notme123

HSC
i kinda wish nesa published sample questions for each type of text. eg one of the sample qs they published were only for past the shallows: "Analyse how the representation of the natural environment shapes your understanding of family in Past the Shallows." ok why not every other text? theyre just giving the kids who do this text leverage because idk if this q is broad or specific. if there was a 1984 equivalent it would be better to gague the difficulty of the q

another eg is form "How has your understanding of the challenges of the human experience been shaped by the director’s use of mise-en-scène in your prescribed text?"
why not just make one for each type of form

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
i kinda wish nesa published sample questions for each type of text. eg one of the sample qs they published were only for past the shallows: "Analyse how the representation of the natural environment shapes your understanding of family in Past the Shallows." ok why not every other text? theyre just giving the kids who do this text leverage because idk if this q is broad or specific. if there was a 1984 equivalent it would be better to gague the difficulty of the q

another eg is form "How has your understanding of the challenges of the human experience been shaped by the director’s use of mise-en-scène in your prescribed text?"
why not just make one for each type of form
NESA really do not like certain subjects…
I particular like the exam type questions/additionally questions that they do for some subjects like Chemistry, Biology etc, which help us know the content being tested and test how whole knowledge with exam type questions. But it lacks for certain subjects like English, CAFS etc but it’s a reasonable good source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)