Enrol in Units?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

klara-klara

HSC
I've been accepted into Psych (hons) at Macquarie this year and i was wondering how the new students go about enrolling in classes/units. All my friends going to other unis have already done it online. It seems like you have to do it in person at some Orientation Day, but Macq is a little bit vague - i rang the Psych department but no one seemed to know. Its making starting uni even more confusing lol! Help!

HSC
I've been accepted into Psych (hons) at Macquarie this year and i was wondering how the new students go about enrolling in classes/units. All my friends going to other unis have already done it online. It seems like you have to do it in person at some Orientation Day, but Macq is a little bit vague - i rang the Psych department but no one seemed to know. Its making starting uni even more confusing lol! Help!
There is an enrolment day that you go on and they will explain everything on how to do it and you can enrol online at uni on the day or you can go home and do it after. Look up on Mac website under new and current students and if you still need help just message back.

ascentyx

HSC
If i can remember correctly, you should get a usb in the mail explaining all the steps. Pretty much you go to enrolment day, and you have to fill all these forms in, get academic advice etc etc. It's pretty daunting first time especially if your doing a degree with lots of flexibility but you eventually work it out. Also i'm pretty sure orientation day is to just to meet new friends, gain valuable advice from mentors, and learn about all the buildings around campus.

klara-klara

HSC
Thank you very much for all your help. Its all a little bit daunting and they don't seem to give you a whole lot of info so far. But im sure ill get there in the end :p

X

xeuyrawp

Thank you very much for all your help. Its all a little bit daunting and they don't seem to give you a whole lot of info so far. But im sure ill get there in the end :p
Doesn't it tell you what to do once you accept your UAC offer?

klara-klara

HSC
It tells you how to enrol and everything, but when friends have done their enrolment it continues straight on to picking units etc, where it doesn't at Macq. I found it in the end that you go to the Orientation Day, i was just after a little information from a person rather than the Macq Website.:)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
It tells you how to enrol and everything, but when friends have done their enrolment it continues straight on to picking units etc, where it doesn't at Macq. I found it in the end that you go to the Orientation Day, i was just after a little information from a person rather than the Macq Website.:)
It does talk about picking units, macq though gets you to do that after you attend the academic advising so that you are sure what to pick, I know its exciting that your friends can pick units straight away but I know heaps that have been so confused because doing it from home with little advice is hard the first time.Thats the reason for the academic advice at your enrolment session, they'll tell you what units to pick so that either at that session or when you get home you can take that step. Just be patient, you'll get to pick your units so enough

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

To be honest, you seem very concerned about your friends at other universities. Obviously different universities do things differently. If you read the information after you clicked "Accept my offer", you'd have seen that you have to 1. wait for an enrolment pack that will come in the mail, and 2. attend relevant enrolment sessions outlined in that pack.

Sorry but once you're at uni, you're going to have to figure things out... /shrug

klara-klara

HSC
Sorry but once you're at uni, you're going to have to figure things out... /shrug

Sorry, but i thought this site was about getting advice from people who are "more experienced" and at uni at the moment.

Im sorry if i seem more concerned about people going to other Unis, but i don't even know one person at, or going to Macquarie so the advice of actual students is a big thing.

I've seen far dumber questions on this site than mine and people just answer the questions nicely.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Sorry, but i thought this site was about getting advice from people who are "more experienced" and at uni at the moment.

Im sorry if i seem more concerned about people going to other Unis, but i don't even know one person at, or going to Macquarie so the advice of actual students is a big thing.

I've seen far dumber questions on this site than mine and people just answer the questions nicely.
Don't worry, i got the same treatment from some users when i first posted on MQ forums...[Others were very useful :)]

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
To be fair to Pwar we get asked the same thing year and year again, it can get frustrating! While may have seemed harsh, something people find hardest to adjust to is to the lack of help you get at uni compared to school.

A note to you new guys, I was at uni today at student services and saw a dad who his daughter had sent to ask all these questions. PLEASE learn to ask your own questions, do your own enrolment, if your parents do insist on comming, tell them its your enrolment etc and your life and you need to learn things for yourself! Personally I refused to let my parents come lol!

To avoid frustrating members be sure to ask clear questions, check the uni website first and do a site search :) Generally we are happy to help and please don't be afraid to ask, just remember we're as busy as you! Best of luck with your enrolment,

X

xeuyrawp

klara-klara said:
i was just after a little information from a person rather than the Macq Website
I'm not sure why you'd post on a forum and not just read the information either 1) when you accepted your offer, 2) on the uni website, or 3) as located in the announcement thread in this forum.

klara-klara said:
pwaryuex said:
Doesn't it tell you what to do once you accept your UAC offer?
It tells you how to enrol and everything,
You said it yourself, really. As for picking your units, again, as it clearly says when you accept your offer and on the website, you go to enrolment session after you receive a package in the mail.

Sorry if you're offended, but at some stage, you're going to get a rude shock at how much independent admin stuff you have to do at uni. Clearly I need to make another set of sticky threads reminding people of this. /shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)