• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Enrolling for General Education in the 2004/2005 summer holidays (1 Viewer)

Vivovi

Hi, I would like to know certain things about general education courses:

1. Do gen ed. courses run during the summer holidays as well as during the semester? If it runs in the summer holidays, does it run for 1 week?

2. If I would like to enrol for a gen ed. course, when and how do I enrol?

3. Are there exams for gen ed.? If so, which are the bludgiest courses?

Thank you very much in advance!

sunny

meh.
HSC
1. Do gen ed. courses run during the summer holidays as well as during the semester? If it runs in the summer holidays, does it run for 1 week?
They run during semester and out of semester. The length depends on the subject. Typically summer session gen eds are around 2 weeks or so.

2. If I would like to enrol for a gen ed. course, when and how do I enrol?
Enrol like you would normally do at myUNSW. Find the courses you want at the Virtual Handbook.

3. Are there exams for gen ed.? If so, which are the bludgiest courses?
This depends on the subject. Some do, and some don't.

Last edited:

Vivovi

Gen Ed. (yes again... SORRY!!)

I'm so sorry but I would like to ask the following:

I know gen. ed. is also run during the summer and winter hols as well as during the semester, but how do we know which gen. ed. courses are offer during the holiday times?

Also, how long do summer/winter gen. ed. courses run for? 1 week? and is the exam on the last day of the course?

Say, I would like to enrol for gen ed courses that are going to be ran during the 2004/2005 summer holidays, when and how do I enrol?

Thx a bunch!

sunny

meh.
HSC
I know gen. ed. is also run during the summer and winter hols as well as during the semester, but how do we know which gen. ed. courses are offer during the holiday times?
The Virtual Handbook lists all subjects and when they are offered. Including gen eds. You can also check the subject avaliability closer to the actual date on myUNSW's class search function.

Also, how long do summer/winter gen. ed. courses run for? 1 week? and is the exam on the last day of the course?
Refer to your previous thread.

Say, I would like to enrol for gen ed courses that are going to be ran during the 2004/2005 summer holidays, when and how do I enrol?
There are deadlines for summer/winter sessions just are there are deadlines for enrolments for session 1 and session 2.
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/resources/KeyDates.html
This currently only lists the date for December summer sessions. There is usually more information (like the recent Winter Session) closer to the actual date.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)