Enrolling in Arts... (1 Viewer)

Jaybugs

I know that we have to enrol in 48 credit points, but how many subjects can those be drawn from. E.g. can I study ones from English, Sociology, AND Govt. & international Relations?

rubylotus11

Yeah I got into the Bachelor of Arts at Syd too and I have tried to find out as much as I can about degree structures.
You can definately do three subjects in your first year.
For example within English there are three Units of study to choose from for the first year> each worth 6 junior credit points.
So for English if you chose to do all three it would come to 18 junior credit points. Then from there you would still have 30 junior credit points to use.
So your could have 12 from Sociology and 12 from Government and International Relations and maybe 6 from another subject area if you want. This would come to a total of 48 credit points.

Last edited:

rubylotus11

Also something important to remember is to think about doing the pre-requisites for the senior units. For most subjects it is 12 junior credit points. Therefore if you did something like the one I used as an example, you would be able to continue with the senior units in English, Sociology and Government.
Anyway hope I could help and goodluck.

Last edited:

Jaybugs

I didn't know that you had to do all 3 junior units to do English second year! thanks for telling me, I better go change my enrolment as soon as they'll allow me.

rubylotus11

I actually meant to say that if you want to major in English you have to do all three units. You can still continue as far as I know with just 12 junior credit points, but in order to do a major you need to complete two junior units other than ENGL1000 University English. So simply said if you want the option of majoring in English do all three units of study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)