enrolling in two uni at the same time? (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Just an idea.

Do you think it is possible for someone to enrol in two universities and study 8 units per semester? One uni through UAC and another through pathway or something.

For example, if I go through MQ through SIBT, while still studying at UNSW, MQ and SIBT won't know about that. Even if they do, it's not against any rules is it? If not then I can also use the units studied at both uni to claim exemption in electives in the other uni. So that I can get double degree faster.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yes, you should be able to do that if you wish.

CheritaMex

HSC
How are you going to be able to keep up with the workload? :/

financialwar

HSC
N/A
How are you going to be able to keep up with the workload? :/
Lol what workload... I did 4 units and I bared even studied. I am sure most smart cunts can manage 8 units if they really put in the effort.

4 units is 40 hours a week workload, how many of us studied 40 hours a week? Think about how investment bankers work 100 hours a week, if we put in 100 hours of study a week. I don't think 8 units would be an issue.

Last edited:

CheritaMex

HSC
What degree are you doing? Even if the workload for the one you're doing now isn't that great, combining two full workloads would be. What if you have exams on at the same time? You would have to explain the fact that you're studying at different unis which I'm pretty sure isn't allowed without both unis' permissions. Plus from what I've heard, sibt is ridiculously expensive.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Just an idea.

Do you think it is possible for someone to enrol in two universities and study 8 units per semester? One uni through UAC and another through pathway or something.

For example, if I go through MQ through SIBT, while still studying at UNSW, MQ and SIBT won't know about that. Even if they do, it's not against any rules is it? If not then I can also use the units studied at both uni to claim exemption in electives in the other uni. So that I can get double degree faster.
Yes they would know and uni's share information on each other's students. There's a contractual obligation to only enrol in one institution and you would require a letter of release to even switch uni's.

You're not going to get that double degree faster, you're just going to waste your time. Doing "really well" isn't just getting distinctions, but to be at the top 1% of your cohort. If you are not then why bother overloading. Oh have fun travelling between UNSW and MQ on that schedule and have fun with tutorial clashes.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just fail to see the point in this. If you have this much time on your hands, then do something else which will help improve yourself whether it's getting a job, pursuing a hobby, doing charity work, etc...

If one really feels so compelled to study and they have a job lined up then maybe starting on the next qualification (e.g. doing CA whilst finishing uni) might be an option but it definitely wouldn't be something many employers would generally recommend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)