enrolling S1+S2 (1 Viewer)

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Seriously yes to s1 & s2. I've done my timetable for both. Just wait until Monday to call them up and ask them about the next step.

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
You only need to enrol in session one for the time being. Half the courses you do in session two probably have prerequisites of courses in first session so that would be why you are having trouble enrolling in session 2. Ie. You need to pass math1131 to be able to choose and do math1231 in second session. And hence can only enrol in it once session one results are released in the mid-year break.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yup, if you're having difficulties with enrolling, there's an Enrolment Support Centre by phone: +61 2 9385 1110 or email: enrol@unsw.edu.au.

Otherwise, call the student centre on Monday [Open around 9am] or, likewise, head to the Advisory day if you're doing a science-orienteered course.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
It is ok if you dont enroll for session 2 though isnt it? i mean its ok if you dont have classes saved atm. You dont HAVE to do that until semester 2 comes around?

I am supposed to be going on exchange so i dont really know what i am supposed to do online to enroll for that. I just assumed i can fix it all up later.

elfm

HSC
Whatever you do to your semester 2 timetable now wont go into effect until semester 2 actually starts.

gman03

HSC
Guys,

You HAVE to enrol into BOTH semester.

What different to semester 2 is that you don't have to FINALISE until sometime August.

Cheers!

sunny

meh.
HSC
(the uni uses this info to judge class sizes, room allocations, funding, etc)

Rekkusu

HSC
If you don't enroll in both semesters, you won't be considered to be full time, and hence no HECs from the govt.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Do i still enroll even if i wont be in the country?

i suppose i will have to check with the exchange office

Rekkusu

HSC
Yup, it's much safer to enrol first, even if you're not in the country. Whenever you receive an offer in the main round, always enrol first, even if you're planning to change and do another preferred course in the late round.

Accept first [Part 1], then you may leave the enrolment till somewhere around February 28th to finalise your enrolment.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
I am going into second year so i dont have to worry about accepting offers or anything like that :)

specialjenny

HSC
If we don't enroll in both S1 and S2 with 48units, does that mean we can't get our student card until we do?

Rekkusu

HSC
Yup, that's correct!

Because until you complete your enrolment, you will not be able to obtain the Student ID card. And completing the enrolment means you must enrol your preferred courses + electives before 28th February.

[If you enroll after 28th February, you will be charged a late enrolment fee]

specialjenny

HSC
But can I enroll now for both S1 + S2 for the sake of been able to get a student card tomorrow.. and then drop the subjects and change them later? Just because I am not quite sure what subjects I want to do exactly right now but want to get my student card while I am at the advisery day tomorrow at UNSW. Thanks.

Razengen

RaVeR MeMbEr
HSC
Sht thats a major Kool Idea.... i would never have thought of that...... Smart people these days.... think ima gonna do that

specialjenny

HSC
lol Thanks. Don't know if we are allow to do that though.... Have tons of questions to ask those people tomorrow.. sigh

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Yeh you can do that, alot of people do that actually.

At least in ARTS you can do that. I am not certain about other courses but i assume its the same.

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
I was only enrolled in session one last year and still got my card. I didn't choose any subjects and enrol in session two til i knew that id passed session one. So you dont have to choose your subjects or enrol in session two yet to get your card. Unless they've changed the system this year...

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
um in the enrollin process, under STATISTICS question 15: Do u expect to complete ur entire program in session1 ? thats a NO right ?

Also, is a session like another name for a period??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)