• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

enrollment day... (1 Viewer)

moc2009

HSC
N/A
is there anything complicated to do with enrolment? i mean, can u do it urself or do u need ur parents for some details or whatever?
I did it yesterday, it was all very simple.

You line up to go into the hall, then once in there you go to your section (Arts/Science/IT etc) you then line up and wait in the chairs, when you are next you go bring your registration form with your subjects that you wrote on it, if you are still unsure about your subjects you talk to them there about it (they also have the handbook there). Once you have picked all your subjects they then sign the form and then send you off you data entry.

You line up at Data Entry and then they do things on the computer and then print you out your ISIS user name and password and tell you to follow the yellow footprints to the library.

You get to the library after following the footprints upstairs and you find a computer, you then log on (with the details they gave you at data entry) and you start ISIS. You have tasks to complete first (contact details, numbers etc etc) and then you fill out the HECS FEE HELP thing on ISIS (this is where your Tax File Number comes in) and then you fill out the enrolment details.

You select your subjects for semester 1 and 2 and can look at the timetable (timetable is a bit of a mess though).

Once all of that is done you log off and you head over to the Student ID Cards (next to the computers you just did your ISIS on) you fill out the form for your transport sticker and you have your picture taken (smile), you then go to the printing area and collect your student ID card.

Then it’s all done. That’s it.

It’s all pretty quick and well organised.

I brought my passport and everything but not once was I asked to show ID or my passport. The timetables also are odd, when I asked about it they said more info would be told during O week but in the meantime go to the timetable builder on the ANU website and work it out.

It was my first time at ANU yesterday and I have to say the Uni looked great, I had a walk around and it was a lot bigger than I expected.

PS: For people driving, parking can be a nightmare as I found out yesterday, I just parked in the city centre car park and walked to the uni (2 min walk).

Last edited:

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
can u do it urself
not in first year. ANU doesn't want first year kids selecting their own courses on their own, fearing they'll select the wrong choices and realise in 2011 "OMG I CHOSE 8 WRONG UNITS"

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
I did it yesterday, it was all very simple.
yeah that's consistent with what i did two years ago. i didn't realise you needed a passport/documents (something new?) so i didn't bring any and it was cool.

i was gonna go to chifley to borrow a book yesterday but i didn't want to drown in the sea of people :(

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
i didn't realise you needed a passport/documents (something new?) so i didn't bring any and it was cool.

I'm unaustralian, so i think it's different in my case because they had to check visa and stuff.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
just bring ur passport anyway, otherwise you'll kick urself if you lose ur id/wallet and cant go out.

.L

HSC
I am Australian and the guy at 'Stage 4' asked for my passport while enrolling (Which was today). Good thing I brought it with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)