• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

enrollment inquiry (1 Viewer)

tjmac

HSC
hi guys
i'm thinking about applying to do any type of engineering through ADFA/UNSW, preferably aeronautical. just need to ask a few questions about enrollment, hopefully someone will have some answers :p

i'm 20yrs old and currently studying information systems at the university of melbourne (really boring and i hate it haha). did my VCE in victoria and got an ENTER score of 84.50.

i've been looking online and i believe i have to apply both to ADFA and through NSW's tertiary service? but what i'm not sure about is because i've started studying already is my ENTER still used for entry into uni? and i would think that being information systems, this wouldn't carry any credit either

and also i think the required score for entry is 85.00? is this mark a really strict cut-off, and will i miss out if i apply being half a point under? if so is there anything i can do to make up the extra half a point?

sorry about the bombardment of questions haha. appreciate any reply.

TheStallion

HSC
You apply only to ADFA, not to anything else. You go through the whole application process with DFR, no other parties involved.

The UAI for Aeronautical Engineering is 85.0, but i'm not sure if that's the same as the ENTER required. Even if it is, you shouldn't get rejected for .5 - the great thing about ADFA is that your results in their aptitude testing and interviews matters a lot more than your UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)