Enrollment into Arts/Law at Macquarie (1 Viewer)

Jamo-S

HSC
Hi everyone, sorry if this is a stupid question, but now that I've gotten my UAI what do I do to get into Macquarie? My UAI is enough to get into the course that I want, but does the Uni send a letter of acceptance? And when do they send the letter? I'm slightly nervous as I'm going away on holiday and I'm afraid that I might not make it on the enrollment day when you have to present yourself in person to enroll in the course you want.

Thanks in advance.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I assume you are asking post-UAC preferences? From memory (and this is 4 years ago for me now), yes Mac do send you a letter of acceptance, as well as an enrollment pack of information/timetable sheets/info sheets etc. This is all sent out in the mail once main round offers have been made (which is, what, mid-January or similar?).

As for being away on holidays, Mac no longer accepts proxy enrollment for first years. So, you must attend campus on enrollment day, or else they will not enrol you, and you wont get your timetable approved etc. That said, I think they do have a residual day for those who cant attend their specified enrollment day which is in late February.

Jamo-S

HSC
Nuts.

That's not good. Well thanks for the info in any case. Looks like I won't be spending so much time lazing around :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ok, I think with this year, you will be able to enrol online or through a proxy for the first time :)

There is still a compulsory session where you have to present your timetable and whatnot, but you can accept and enrol online (from what I gathered turning up late to PR training :p)

Best bet, if you're still around, is to call the MQ hotline, they'll be able to give you official advice and specific details :)

The Macquarie University Hotline provides students with advice about degrees, admission, enrolment, scholarships and other related topics. The freecall number is 1800 351 117. The Hotline operates between 8am and 6pm on 19, 20, 21 and 22 December (8am-2pm), and 2, 3, 4 January.

Jamo-S

HSC
Cool thanks for the info :D Much appreciated. So I guess I'll be giving them a call next month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)