• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Enrolment day (1 Viewer)

technoHarmony

nnnnnnnn
HSC
im enrolling at north syd tafe on monday, and just wanna know what sorta stuff do i have to bring? hsc results, reports, ID etc etc
also what exactly happens on enrolment day? do u just line up and put your names down for courses or what?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
pretty much what happened for me at each enrollment(which was for their HSC program so it might be diff for you) was this:

Gymea - Turned up at the appointed time, waited for my name to be called, had a brief talk to a teacher who looked at my year 10/hsc results and wrote some things on my enrollment slip then I went up to the admin desk and showed them my centrelink exemption slip(this would be the fee paying part), got a big stamp on my form and went home.

Bankstown - brought hsc stuff and they asked me to fill out a form, fiddled with an enrollment slip and I would've had to sit a placement test if I didn't have some prelim/HSC results already then did the stuff with the admin desk and stamp then went home.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Some places have application tests before giving you the form, but basically first come first served unless application course so if you get there at 1:15pm and 20 people in front of you in line you might be on waiting list.

If you have centrelink paying for our course (1 free a year) bring some form of centrelink ID to show the centrelink people who can also assist you.

line up for the faculty of choice wait in line, pick up forms and info ask any questions, you should get at least 2 to 3 pieces of paper, enrolment form, Rights and responsibilities of Students, centrelink exemption. Some places give you more like course info on starting times or campus info etc, just depends on the campus and faculty.

Once you have your form fill it out bring it back to be signed by the teacher and then take to front office to be processed. If centrelink exemption get them to stamp and sign it, if not bring an eftpos or credit card because TAFE is on a cash minimisation directive so most won't accept it.

daydreamkitty

Love me hate me, meh.....
HSC
Enmore: get to there at alloted time be told information about what the campus has to offer ( student union, library services ) and also BBQ with that. Hmmm i must Take my recipt for proof i guess... anything else and I dont really know.

Hanzo

HSC
i didnt tell em my name
for my course
Chinese Cert i
da office lady told me just to turn up on da day to enrol..
which is tomorow..
does n e 1 know wat time enrolement is though??

bumbo_hippo

HSC
i had to go up and down the building~
fill out forms, then pay, then back up stairs to get the timetable and textbook sheets, then back down to do photo for tafe card, then get consession card~(its pink!! -___-")

but it was really quick! i was done in 45 min!

i just hope that is all i had to do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)