Enrolment Day (1 Viewer)

F

fnergance

Hey Guys,

For enrolment day, i understand that we have to take our pictures for our ID card, sign up and make our subject choices for our timetable, but i managed to book the 2.30pm one on the Monday 5th Febuary. There are earlier sessions, but does that mean that the good times and classes will be taken by the earlier people who attend those sessions?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
While it is first in, first served, not everyone will want the same times as you i.e there are no 'good times'. You also won't miss out on a place in a core subject as the system of UAI cut-offs are based on how many places the university offers. So you'll probably get most of the times you want though it is likely that the people who attended the sessions earlier that day will have taken some of the times they want.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Just go and hope for the best
theres people that will help you through everything anyway
and the process is explained to you well

F

fnergance

Ahh icic.. so when enrolment day does come, is there a roll call or some what for the people who got to enrol at that time?

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
i just need to clarify, everythings getting confusing..:

- if i go to an enrolment session after the first major one, is there a chance i could miss out on some major's and subjects in good timetabled postions? i don't wanna end up with night classes :\

-on enrolment day, the only thing we are meant to bring is ourselves, pen, drivers license(etc), and a print out of the enrolment confirmation page? (someone said we also have to bring passport :\, but i dun think we do)

now im realli annoyed, i so don't want my choices limited in terms of subject choosing and timetabling..., i might change the sesison and miss the bridging course session on that day :\

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Spider786 said:
i just need to clarify, everythings getting confusing..:

- if i go to an enrolment session after the first major one, is there a chance i could miss out on some major's and subjects in good timetabled postions? i don't wanna end up with night classes :\

-on enrolment day, the only thing we are meant to bring is ourselves, pen, drivers license(etc), and a print out of the enrolment confirmation page? (someone said we also have to bring passport :\, but i dun think we do)

now im realli annoyed, i so don't want my choices limited in terms of subject choosing and timetabling..., i might change the sesison and miss the bridging course session on that day :\
People who come earlier get higher preference for their timetables, however not everyone will make the same preferences as you. Also, you can fiddle with your timetable up until the middle of first week of classes and many people change their timetables frequently in the interim so its likely times will open up for you.

UTS also only lets in as many people as it can service, so I doubt you'll miss out on your major. In addition, the BIT (which I think you're doing) is composed of only core subjects in first year so UTS will have sufficient places that you won't miss out on a place within a subject (if you do indeed do BIT).

The passport is an alternative to the licence which you would not be required to bring if you have the licence. Make sure you also have your TFN and UTS Student no. with you. Otherwise it sounds like you've got the idea.

F

fnergance

is there gna be a roll call or somewhat for the booked times? or did uts do that just to see the amount of people going to be there?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
fnergance said:
is there gna be a roll call or somewhat for the booked times? or did uts do that just to see the amount of people going to be there?
As far as enrollments go, I remember that we had to go in for our booked times - I think we handed in a slip or something when we got there and then they directed us to the next step if it was our session.

Kazaf

HSC
So what's the deal with the Insearch students? I dont know what that is. someone please explain?

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
kami said:
People who come earlier get higher preference for their timetables, however not everyone will make the same preferences as you. Also, you can fiddle with your timetable up until the middle of first week of classes and many people change their timetables frequently in the interim so its likely times will open up for you.

UTS also only lets in as many people as it can service, so I doubt you'll miss out on your major. In addition, the BIT (which I think you're doing) is composed of only core subjects in first year so UTS will have sufficient places that you won't miss out on a place within a subject (if you do indeed do BIT).

The passport is an alternative to the licence which you would not be required to bring if you have the licence. Make sure you also have your TFN and UTS Student no. with you. Otherwise it sounds like you've got the idea.
ok ty very much, lol im not doing BIT ;(, i passed the interviews but my shippy uai :(.

anyway, i think im going to go to the earlier session if it hasn't been booked out already, i don't want to risk ruining my first year at uni, even if its unlikely. especially since im starting work, soon.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Kazaf said:
So what's the deal with the Insearch students? I dont know what that is. someone please explain?
i saw this about insearch
hope this helps:
INSEARCH UTS said:
Just missed out on UTS?

The door is still open. INSEARCH gives you a second chance to get into a degree of your choice at UTS.

INSEARCH offers one year diploma courses that lead into the second year of most degrees at the University of Technology, Sydney.

Australian Year 12 graduates who score below the UAI cut-off for UTS undergraduate courses in 2006 can choose to study at INSEARCH for a year and gain an alternative entry into the second year of a UTS degree program. Students who achieve the required average mark (WAM) at INSEARCH, are guaranteed a place at UTS.

INSEARCH is a Higher Education Provider and is therefore able to offer eligible students access to the Australian Government Loan Scheme FEE-HELP.

For any additional information please visit our website

http://www.insearch.edu.au

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here and INSEARCH will get back to you as soon as possible.

Good luck with your HSC!

INSEARCH UTS

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
lol, shit the first enrolment session for me is taken, however, i do have a print out of that session when i did have it booked, and now i want to go to it, but when i went to edit my enrolment just now, it doesn't have that 12.30 sesison anymore.

I'm thinking about taking the printout i already have, and going to the earlier session anyway, would they have a list of epople who are booked in for that session?, or would they just check peoples printouts (in which case i'd get through), also would i be limited in anyway at the session?, like would the computers spit at me for turning up at the wrong session during subject selection? (e.g say im not meant to be there?)

thanks for the reply, i feel so owned....

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
On the day that I enrolled there were a few people from later sessions who turned up early and lined up for the current session time but got turned away when they handed in their slips at the desk. So I think they keep a list of people per session.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
they will turn u away if u are not in the right enrolment session.

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
kami said:
On the day that I enrolled there were a few people from later sessions who turned up early and lined up for the current session time but got turned away when they handed in their slips at the desk. So I think they keep a list of people per session.
aw shucks....

thanks guys, might as well as wait till 2pm..

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
oh yay! i signed up for the 1pm enrolment session. is anyone going to that one? i feel very vain but i'm going to get my hair done a few days earlier so i can get a decent uni ID which for once, does NOT look like a prison mugshot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)