enrolment day (1 Viewer)

Leanne

HSC
i heard that its terribly difficult and it is a very loonnggg process enroling at macquarie? is that true???

also, i heard that u have to get in early to get a good tutorial group....how do they work that out neways?

overall- does any1 have any tips about enroling?? like what to do first and wat to avoid??

Majesty

HSC
N/A
When i enrolled in 2002, things were quite horrible. Enrolment went for around 8 hours or so, huge queues etc.

They improved in 2003, with me only being there for a hour or so. Which was good.
This year they should be about the same.

Most of the times i've got the classes i wanted, the ones that i didnt. I just attended the tutorials i wanted to in the first place. In most tutorials they dont mark who attends, in others they do. You'll have to check during your second week.

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Yeh, it was quite a improvement last year. It only took me 1/2 hour to fully enrol. For re-enrolling students this year, it should even be btter, because come people who are doing single degrees can enrol online.

Leanne

HSC
wow!! wat a relief!!!

i'm putting down two courses for my timetable that say 'entry to this unit is restricted'.....wat exactly does that mean?? do i have much of a chance getting in?

doe

HSC
N/A
first year enrollment sucks cause you need to get academic approval which means someone from the administration looks over your subject selections.

usually people drop out in the first few weeks, so if you miss out on the tutes you want you can see your lecturer and get fitted in (or just beg, most lecturers are pretty reasonable).

for the restricted entry thing id need more info (like what course). usually it just means you have to be doing a certain degree to do a subject, and usually it says what the restrictions are in the handbook.

when you go they give you this piece of paper with the steps you need to take, pretty straightforward and nothing to worry about.

^___^
HSC
oh

for academic approval..is that for things like subject pre-requisite?

like u need this marks in this hsc subjects in order to do this course??

so we need to bring stuff from out HSC right?

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Academic approval is to check whether the subjects you chose are actually meeting the criteria of your chosen degree. Then when you go enolr on the computers, they already have a database of all your hsc marks. So if you have chosen a subject which you do not meet the pre-requsite for, the computer will say it, and the staff on the computer will not allow you to do it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
that's fair. we don't know what we are doing. i know some people who are very mixed up.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
just a question about the timings for enrolment, do you HAVE to go during those allocated times, can't you go whenever and finish things quickly or are they really peeved off if you come say an hour early?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i am pretty sure you have to go during the time, otherwise everyone would go early

Leanne

HSC
i've spent so much time in the past couple of days working out a timetable.....and now i'm worried that i've done it wrong!!!

do i just fill it out on my timetable and hope its right and then see if its ok?? i've managed to squeeze stuff into monday and tuesdays only- do u reckon that would get stuffed up if sumthing has been done wrong??

its terrible that we get thrown into the deep end to do this kinda thing....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah you just hope it's right. or post it here and we can see it.

mon and tues could get stuffed up, but you don't know that until the day. but do you have 2 very long days??

Leanne

HSC
they arent too long actually....breaks in between....i think i'll just ask the uni for advice....

i feel so stupid....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if there are any specific subjects you want to talk to try calling them before the day. then you can have some of your questions out of the way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)