• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Enrolment Day (1 Viewer)

dprs

HSC
hey just a question about enrolment - on the day, do we choose our first semester units only, or do we have to choose for the whole year?

and if you're paying upfront, do u pay for each semester or do you have to pay for the whole year? (i'm guessing if you only have to choose first semester units on E-day, you only have to pay upfront 1 semester at a time)

thanks for any info guys

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hm ok, theoretically u don't have to choose any subject... u only had to confirm that u want to accept the offer... u have until the beginning of semester to change/add/delete an unit of study... but when i did it, i chose for both semester ( i think it IS mandatory to choose some subjects for both semester before u can leave that place)...

as for fee paying, since i didn't get a letter/enrolment day or a separate info containing my liablity concerning 2nd semester, i am assuming that u are paying the full yr durin e-day...

keep inmind tho, u can always pay a proportion (an amount greater than 200 (?) will attract 20% discount), so u can pay half and receive discount and defer the rest of tax any way...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I contacted the uni, you have until March 31st to pay for HECS contribution and still receive the discount. I think if you are going to pay the whole thing you can only pay for one semester.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
for med sci, first yr, i recall u NEED to do: (to my recollection... well most of my fwnds did them any way)
12 cp of maths,
24 cp of other science electives... u will need to choose from chem/phys/bio...
and 12 cp of elective...

tho most med sci i kno does all three sciences, i think only chem is mandatory...

as regard to anatomy, i would think that's a 2nd or 3rd yr course... u need to have some prereq for that... see if it says ANAT2XXX or something...
I think you can substitute computational science for physics?

edit: 2005 Science Handbook is now available to purchase or download as pdf
http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeh anything in the sci faculty is fine... and computational sci is in sci faculty i think...

just a side note... comp sci's lib's awesome... close to wentworth, tho i like eng lib/fisher better =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)