Enrolment HELP!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

EvoRevolution

HSC
Ok so i want to do Mechanical Engineering/ Computer Science, i accepted the offer and now want to enroll, the program it put me under is 3711 - Mechanical & Manf Eng/Science. Now when enrolling do i just go to The UNSW Handbook for Mechanical engineering and pick all the first year courses and the same for computer science or do i do it differently.

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok so i want to do Mechanical Engineering/ Computer Science, i accepted the offer and now want to enroll, the program it put me under is 3711 - Mechanical & Manf Eng/Science. Now when enrolling do i just go to The UNSW Handbook for Mechanical engineering and pick all the first year courses and the same for computer science or do i do it differently.
See here to choose your course. For your course which I assumed is Mechanical Engineering, see this. To choose your science courses use the handbook, which has a link to science majors. You are only enrolling for semester 1.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
im not 100% sure about double degrees, but i think for first semester you would do math1131, phys1121, engg1000, and comp1911 OR comp1917.

first 3 are required for all first year engineering semester 1, and the comp subject is an elective, but since you're doing eng/COMP SCI you should do comp1911 or comp1917 NOT engg1811.

but call up the faculty and ask them, just to be sure.

EvoRevolution

HSC
Thanks guys for response, ill probably end up calling the facualty just to be 100% sure.

"Lee-.-Roy"

HSC
im currently a 3711 (mech engg/ sc) student, except I do physics instead =).

For your info, please look here for tables that go illustrates ALL of the degree plans =). This should give you a very good idea. http://www.mech.unsw.edu.au/content/prospective_students/Programs_UG.cfm?ss=2]

The plans here are written with a guarantee that the class definitely runs during the semester. For example, the course MMAN1130 only runs in 2nd semester. Note however, don't do ENGG1000 in 2nd semester. I did that (cause i followed the plan) and I got stuck with a whole stack of fobs that can't write english reports.

hope it helps ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)