Enrolment Questions- Lets end the confusion. (1 Viewer)

cjdart

HSC
Okay, this is so confusing.
Lets ask and answer each others enrollment questions here.
My questions is: Is there a minimum number of credit points required?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Okay, this is so confusing.
Lets ask and answer each others enrollment questions here.
My questions is: Is there a minimum number of credit points required?
There is a minimum number of credit points to be considered a full time student:

A full-time undergraduate student is defined as someone enrolled in 9 credit points or more per semester.

A full-time student normally undertakes 8 units per year, and each unit is allocated a credit point value. Most units are semester based and worth 3 or 4 credit points each.

A degree requiring 68 credit points will normally take 3 years of full-time study to complete.
And as a part time student:

A part-time undergraduate student is defined as someone enrolled in fewer than 17 credit points per year or less than 9 credit points in half a year.
Source

As for having more than 14 credit points in a semester:

You can only enrol in more than 14 credit points in a semester if you obtain permission to do so from the Department handling your program (with the exception of Accounting and Finance students, refer below). You can find the contact details for the appropriate department on the Macquarie University Directory.

Once you have been approved to enrol in more than 14 credit points, you will need to go to the Student Enquiry Service to finalise your enrolment. Remember to bring the signed documentation that indicates you have received approval to overload your enrolment. Remember also to enrol in as many units as you can up to 14 credit points prior to submitting your form.

Accounting and Finance students: From 2007 students enrolled in programs offered by the Accounting and Finance department with a Grade Point Average (GPA) >= 3.0 are required to contact eStudent support to request enrolment in more than 14 cp. Refer to the Accounting and Finance department website for further information.

Remember to enrol in as many units as you can up to 14 credit points before you Contact eStudent Support, making sure you list the unit code and name in your request. Please note that you cannot request to enrol in more than five units for that half-year.

Source

Peartie

HSC
to be classed part time it says "17 cps or fewer per year or less than 9 in a half year"

Im doing 18cps this year HOWEVER only doing 7 this semester....does that mean Im full time because over the year i am doing the 18 or part time one semester and full time in sem 2?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
to be classed part time it says "17 cps or fewer per year or less than 9 in a half year"

Im doing 18cps this year HOWEVER only doing 7 this semester....does that mean Im full time because over the year i am doing the 18 or part time one semester and full time in sem 2?
I believe that I faced a similar issue during my second year, and they counted me full-time over the year (despite having only 8 cp in half a year).

I would contact Student Enquiry Services for clarification though :)

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
on my handbook of undergraduate studies the ICOM section lists the units it has, but most have the word required next to them eg:

100 Level or above

required CUL100 Living Culture: entertainment, identity, power (3)
required ICOM 101 Intercultural Relations (3)
required ICOM 100 Introduction to International Communication (3)
required MAS 104 Australian media (3)

does that mean i must do them??

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
on my handbook of undergraduate studies the ICOM section lists the units it has, but most have the word required next to them eg:

100 Level or above

required CUL100 Living Culture: entertainment, identity, power (3)
required ICOM 101 Intercultural Relations (3)
required ICOM 100 Introduction to International Communication (3)
required MAS 104 Australian media (3)

does that mean i must do them??
That is your list of core units or prescribed units, therefore they are required, as the "Required" states.

Peartie

HSC
I believe that I faced a similar issue during my second year, and they counted me full-time over the year (despite having only 8 cp in half a year).

I would contact Student Enquiry Services for clarification though :)

Problem being that Im in Germany - last time I contacted SES whilst over here it took 2 and a half weeks for them to reply - not that it matters....for Centrelink as long as im doing 75% full time load its fine

its more just for the concession sticker....

aq15

HSC
hey guys, im having a bit of a confusion here. i've accepted my offer to B Commerce at maq uni. and when i try to enrol through estudent it says this " Sorry, but you do not have any Courses that you can make enrolments for." does this mean i need to attend the talk about our course at the uni and enroll on the day. Or whats happenin with this course, im confused

Help me please

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hey guys, im having a bit of a confusion here. i've accepted my offer to B Commerce at maq uni. and when i try to enrol through estudent it says this " Sorry, but you do not have any Courses that you can make enrolments for." does this mean i need to attend the talk about our course at the uni and enroll on the day. Or whats happenin with this course, im confused

Help me please
You want to contact eStudent Support and tell them your problem.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
AsyLum, i think thats because aq15 is an 08er, and it will show that you have no courses to enrol in untl academic advising (compulsory) next week...or am i mistaken?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
AsyLum, i think thats because aq15 is an 08er, and it will show that you have no courses to enrol in untl academic advising (compulsory) next week...or am i mistaken?
Ahh, yeah sorry didn't read the HSC year

HSC
Got another offer from Macq, but I was enrolled in Macq last year so I don't think I have to go to the compulsory on campus thingy right?...And I must ask (if anyone knows) if I can enrol on the 6th of Feb or wait until when the late rounders get to start enrolling which is on the 9th of Feb?</SPAN>

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Got another offer from Macq, but I was enrolled in Macq last year so I don't think I have to go to the compulsory on campus thingy right?...And I must ask (if anyone knows) if I can enrol on the 6th of Feb or wait until when the late rounders get to start enrolling which is on the 9th of Feb?
Source

Do I have to attend on-campus academic advising? Yes, it is compulsory.

Note there are alternative advising arrangements for the following groups:
1. Students enrolling in a distance program.
2. Students previously enrolled in an award program at Macquarie.

What date and time do I attend on-campus academic advising? You must attend on-campus academic advising on Monday 9 February 2009. Attend the sessions at the times allocated to you, based on the first letter of your surname:

Enrolment preparation session and academic advice: It is strongly recommended that you attend an enrolment preparation session before you get academic advice. More information is available here.
• Time:8.30 am
If you are unable to attend a recording will be shown in Building E7B T3 at 9.40am and then repeated every hour with the last start time at 2.40pm.

Academic advice: It is compulsory for you to attend academic advising. Attend the sessions at the times allocated to you, based on the first letter of your surname:
• Time: A – B 9.30am – 10.30am
C – F 10.30am – 11.30am
G – J 11.30am – 12.30pm
K – L 12.30pm – 1.30pm
M – Q 1.30pm – 2.30pm
R – V 2.30pm – 3.30pm
W – Z 3.30pm – 4.30pm

Economics and Applied Finance – Building E4B Room 314
Business, Demography, Marketing, International Business, Human Resource Management – Building E4B Room 316
Commerce (incl Commerce/Law) – Building E4B Room 106
Actuarial Studies – Building E4A Room 623
Statistics – Building E4A Room 523
Business Law – Building W3A Room 438
All other areas of study – Building E7B Courtyard

Admit to Program - it is compulsory for you to be admitted to your program after academic advising.

* Present your approved and signed Proposed Program Form, and be admitted to your program.
* You can then enrol in units and register in classes online in eStudent.

I cannot attend on my allocated day, what do I do? You can make alternative arrangements. The information is available here.

How do I prepare for academic advising and enrolment? A guide to preparing for academic advising and enrolment, including a proposed program form and requesting credit for previous studies, is available here.

Where do I go and what do I do when I attend on-campus? You can read the on-campus advising and enrolment steps summary and detailed instructions. These publications will also available on your academic advising and enrolment day.

HSC
Yeah but if u click on the part where it says if you were a previously enrolled student in an award program. It says if you were previously enrolled in Macq in a degree, etc you don't have to attend the compulsory on campus thing. But I'm still not sure.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Students previously enrolled at Macquarie University

* The information on this page applies to students who previously enrolled in a Macquarie University undergraduate certificate, diploma or degree program.
* Students previously enrolled at Macquarie in Non-Award units, please follow the instructions listed according to your offer.

When can I enrol online in eStudent? You can enrol in units and register in classes online in eStudent from Monday 2 February 2009.
Follow the instructions for enrolling online in eStudent.

Do I have to attend on-campus academic advising? No.

* If you have previously enrolled in a Macquarie University undergraduate certificate, diploma or degree program, then attendance at on-campus academic advising is not required.
* You are strongly encouraged to seek academic advice from the appropriate person in the department in which you will be enrolling .
* You may choose to seek advice from an academic adviser during enrolment. Please note however that if you choose to attend advising on the days listed below, there may be delays as these are the advising days for undergraduate students new to the university. If you do choose to seek academic advice at this time, you are not required to undertake the complete on-campus enrolment process, as you are already admitted to your course. You may attend the a cademic advising day listed according to your offer:
* UAC Main Round (released 21 January 2009): 2 – 6 February
* UAC Late Round (released 4 February 2009) and MQ University direct offer – Readmission for Previous Macquarie Students: Monday 9 February, 9.30am – 2.30pm. See the on-campus information tents for advising locations.

Guess not!

Last edited:
HSC
That means me right? I mean honestly I really rather not go to the on campus thing...it's a drag

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That means me right? I mean honestly I really rather not go to the on campus thing...it's a drag
Yeah, looks like it, wish they didn't do it for me either, but I gotta sort out a few things while I'm there so ugh

tinfoilhat

HSC
quick question: is it worth paying $200 to enroll tomorrow and not miss out on classes
or are a variety classes still available on the late enrollment day? (for jap, anthropology and marketing subjects)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)