enrolment questions (1 Viewer)

bobsgang

HSC
I'm enrolling in advanced science/arts. I'm overseas and haven't been able to get hold of staff on the phone.

1. Is the advanced science seminar (SCIF1021) compulsory for adv sci?
Do I have to do it in semester 1?
Should I be doing SCIF1021 (adv science seminar) or SCIF1101 (science fundamentals) which is mentioned in the enrolment guide?

2. Do I take 4 subjects equal to 24 UoC?

3. What do teaching period, session and level mean?

Thanks

bobsgang

HSC
Also,

4. Can I take 3 science courses and 1 arts course?
5. What is the first year planner and where can I find it?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
even though its wordy, I outlined the answers to most of your questions in my guide in the stickies.

1. If you bothered to read your program page in the handbook, it states SCIF1021 is compulsory.

2. 4 courses = 24 UOC if each is 6 UOC.

3. This is in my guide. Teaching period and session are similar. 3 semesters per year at uni - 1,2 and summer. Level 1 courses refer to first year courses with the prefix ABCD1xxx, level 2 refers to ABCD2xxx.

4. Do whatever you want, as long as it satisfies the course requirements in your handbook.

5. I have no information for you regarding a first year planner. As far as I understand if your progress in your program is poor you are assigned one to plan out next semesters load.

6. Read widely. If you do not you will miss out on a lot in uni. Be lazy and your marks suffer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)