Enrolment Suks (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Then maybe uni isn't for you if you can't work it out. :p

Ask your parents or a friend to help you out. Otherwise ring the uni and they should be able to walk you through the process. Otherwise follow the on screen promotes, but I guess you have so that doesn't help.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I agree it totally sucks!

I have no idea what i'm supposed to be doing.... but oh well :D

stephenchow

HSC
I also agree. They just throw you into some deep hole and expect you climb out of it yourself.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
It can be confusing at first, but you'll get used to it. Don't worry, a lot of other students around you will be in the same boat. Anyways, if you make a mistake you usually have until the 2nd week of semester to make changes (incase you chose the wrong subjects or something). Just read the handbooks carefully and try to understand them. Remember you have to enrol every year, so learn it now!

Datto120

HSC
haha my mum would stuggle trying to work out how to get on the website to enrol!!!
I know how to enrol its just unit selection sucks! Too many choices. I think ill wait til that day at the uni since im doing the bach arts/mast teach wanna make sure i get the right units to do the teaching at the end. I got this list off another site of what units to pick to get entrance to the teaching but i cant find them in unit selection.:eek: OR maybe i shouldnt try pick units when im tired haha

juzmister

HSC
It's not that bad, at NSW do "Auto Timetable" then adjust the times you do not like.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
At first I had trouble figuring out the enrolment procedures and the uni's website making it confusing didn't help either. But after a while with a bit of patience and some help from a friend, I understood it eventually. So if you have trouble understanding it, you could try to read the enrolment procedures over and over again and also ask for help if you need it. Once you know what to do, it should be easy.

Datto120

HSC
I got it all worked out now (i hope) After having a break and going back to it fresh it was all alot easier. i have enrolled in the compulsory units but im leaving the rest to the academic advising day. As i dunno which units to pick!!!
What happens on the academic advising day does everyone get spoken to separately or is it a group thing?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
pritnep said:
Then maybe uni isn't for you if you can't work it out. :p
Three cheers for snobbery! :(

If it's your first time, there's a chance that you're going to be confused. Once you go through it once, you should be fine with all the features that exist there, and so will wonder why you ever thought it difficult.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I think every course needs one of those UNSW's "auto timetables"
or at least an example
t'would make things much easier
I have an edu/arts maj/arts minor to figure out into 40units (10 each) a semester.
Bastards. Thank god for this website's ability to post threads, otherwise i'd be totally fcuked with confusion.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Datto120 said:
I got it all worked out now (i hope) After having a break and going back to it fresh it was all alot easier. i have enrolled in the compulsory units but im leaving the rest to the academic advising day. As i dunno which units to pick!!!
What happens on the academic advising day does everyone get spoken to separately or is it a group thing?
On that academic advising day that I went to, you would get spoken to separately and you could ask questions about which units to pick.

3lancer06

HSC
hey, me need help :( , im bit confused, Done the AUTO TIMETABLE, now there dub classes for single lecture, im i suppose to only attend the 1 i want ...??

eg.
Computing 1
LEC2927Tue 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm (1-6,7-14)Wed 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (1-6,7-14)ne help will b appreciated

B Eng (Software), UNSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)