Enrolment (1 Viewer)

Herb-Q

HSC
N/A
I know that accepting and enrolling can all be done online and then...is that it, we don't have to go and actually see anyone?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I know that accepting and enrolling can all be done online and then...is that it, we don't have to go and actually see anyone?
It's brilliant huh?

Choose your own timetable (unlike USYD kids) and that's it. For certain cases though where you really need to be in a certain class, then you'll need to go in person to the appropriate faculty office and explain your case.

Otherwise, the only thing you need to do is get your student ID from FM assist and you're set, you're a UNSW student.

HSC
My subjects seems to be filling up quite a bit, is it possible that there won't be enough places and i won't be able to take the subject?
Enrol asap?

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
If it's a core subject, then they'll always make more classes to fit everyone in, otherwise yes, you will miss out on electives if you don't enroll early enough.

Try to enroll early because even if it is a core subjects, full classes still means you cant enroll in them, so your time table options will be more limited the later you wait.

Also, get your ID cards now before oweek if you don't want to stand in the summer heat in line to get it during oweek :p

HSC
Thanks, i have another problem now. While trying to enroll (ARTS1090) i'm unable to choose a lecture simply because it's not there even though Class Details says there are still places left.

Any help is much appreciated

kzsv

HSC
Thanks, i have another problem now. While trying to enroll (ARTS1090) i'm unable to choose a lecture simply because it's not there even though Class Details says there are still places left.

Any help is much appreciated
The problem is that the lecture has probably been filled now as on class details, Data is correct as at Sat, 24-01-2009 01:30:14 EST.

HSC
So if that's the case, i won't be able to take the major that the subject belongs to?

Edit: https://my.unsw.edu.au/classutil/ARTS_S1.html#ARTS1090T1 alright the class is full, but there's a 'Tentative' lecture. How do they work and what are the chances of it opening up?
And is it easy to change class times around once you've enrolled? I just want to be sure that i'm in some subjects in case everything else fails

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You can email the lecturer in charge (Mr SD Shaner) and ask him to enrol in the course for you because it is a part of your major and you have to do it.

snowconesyum

HSC
whenever i look up medicine classes there seem to be none - do i not get to pick my classes or timetable? does med operate on a different system somehow? aaaaaaaargh so confused

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Yes, med operates on a COMPLETELY different system, they don't even have the same breaks as we do. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)