• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

enrolment (1 Viewer)

edwinchui

HSC
i'm transferring to UNSW in B Economics in semester 2.
What are the compulsory subjects i need to do?
Will i be doing semester 1 subjects or semester 2 subjects?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
I'd assume that depends if you've done the equivilant to acct1a, micro, and qma..

check with the school.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, if you haven't done equivalents for the S1 core subjects, you'll be doing ACCT1501, ECON1101 and ECON1202 plus an elective next session

sleepycat

Remember to fill in an advance standing form to exempt all the courses u did during ur 1st semester at USYD.. :D

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
aishiteiru said:
Remember to fill in an advance standing form to exempt all the courses u did during ur 1st semester at USYD.. :D
And dont be a smartass like me and try to get 2 exemptions for only 1 completed subject. :p

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
aishiteiru said:
emm.. what did u try to exempt??
i tried to get QMA and QMB exemption for a similar stats course i did at macquarie, but they only gave me credit for QMB - Which is silly cause QMA is the pre-req for QMB. :p

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Grizzly said:
i tried to get QMA and QMB exemption for a similar stats course i did at macquarie, but they only gave me credit for QMB - Which is silly cause QMA is the pre-req for QMB. :p
really? I heard qmb is completely unrelated to qma.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Eagles said:
really? I heard qmb is completely unrelated to qma.
Its unrelated i guess - but then why is QMA required before QMB.. ? :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Who knows why...silly system

But yeah, QMB is nothing like QMA - although its more boring, especially if you get Minxiang Yang as your lecturer ;)

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Grizzly said:
i tried to get QMA and QMB exemption for a similar stats course i did at macquarie, but they only gave me credit for QMB - Which is silly cause QMA is the pre-req for QMB.

Yeh i got exemptions for QMB. Not looking fwd to doing QMA

Minai said:
Who knows why...silly system

But yeah, QMB is nothing like QMA - although its more boring, especially if you get Minxiang Yang as your lecturer ;)
Minai or anyone else, have you had Yeung Lam Ko or Louis Kong Chen as your lecturers? Because i think they're the course lecturers for sem 2

sleepycat

Grizzly said:
really? I could exempt both QMA and QMB. (maybe its coz I did it at USYD) Anyway in one way its kinda good to redo QMA? coz u know everything already, so u will top that course ;) It will increase ur WAM.. :D

I dunno, I was kinda struggling to decide whether I should exempt everything I did in my 1st yr at usyd.. ( better wam - waste one yr v continue being a 2nd yr).. :S which one would u prefer?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
aishiteiru said:
really? I could exempt both QMA and QMB. (maybe its coz I did it at USYD) Anyway in one way its kinda good to redo QMA? coz u know everything already, so u will top that course ;) It will increase ur WAM.. :D

I dunno, I was kinda struggling to decide whether I should exempt everything I did in my 1st yr at usyd.. ( better wam - waste one yr v continue being a 2nd yr).. :S which one would u prefer?
Yeh, as long as it wont take any longer due to a transfer...i happy i cut my 4yr course at macq to a total of 3 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)