Entering uni and transfering into course! Help please! (1 Viewer)

Poops

HSC
Hi guys! So our ATAR results are out and I've calculated that even with bonus points, I probably won't make it into the course. I'm genuinely interested in this course (i.e. not trying to get into med) and I just personally like UNSW (not trying to come off as being narrow-minded :confused2:).

I'm positive I can get into Med science at UTS as well as Bachelor of Science at UNSW.

How hard is it to transfer from UTS med science to UNSW med science? Can you apply after one semester? Or would you have to complete a whole year?

Since the Science course at UNSW offers some of the majors I'm interested in (ones that I would've found myself studying through Med science), I'm considering just doing it and hopefully trying to apply for an internal transfer. If I even can, it would save the trouble of adjusting to a whole new university and whatnot.

Is the second pathway possible? And if so, out of the two, which option seems easiest?

Thanks in advance! :)

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
Transfering itself is quite dependent on grades rather than course i believe, i'm not too certain about the process but i think in generally it would be quite competitive to transfer to UNSW Med Sci because of its pathway to UNSW med

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
After talking to some faculty the other day I can confirm it's not possible to transfer in to MedSci. Sorry. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)