entertainment VET (1 Viewer)

millymoo

HSC
general comments after fridays exam.. - multiple choice answers to compare if possible :)

pinkballerina18

HSC
I think the exam was harder then trials...

Everything I studied was not in the exam...except for this small, minute section on incident reports. I think I did really average...Did anybody else run out of time, or was it just me? 30 minutes for one essay...Not long at all! I missed out the eight mark question in short answer on light rigging. I totally forgot. Not good! What essay questions did everyone choose? I chose 21 and 23...

blah-blah-blah

HSC
N/A
Well i am soooo glad thats over!
Nah, i thought it was pretty alright. I finished with a few minutes left. I did 22 and 23. Everthing we went over in class was in it.
What did people put down for their multiple choices?

ashyoddy

HSC
i thought it was good. i did 21 and 23 - we too went over similar types of essays in class.
ran out of time though, how many pages did u do for ur essays? i did 7 and 5 for 21 and 23.
some multiple choice questions kinda threw me though.... ah i can't memba the ones, ah well....its over!

a11y50n

HSC
I'm the only one out of my class / the people I have talked to that thought it was pretty hard. I expected much easier than that. I think it is because we focused upon studying other things. It was still ok..
Show us your multipul choice and i'll show you mine lol

blah-blah-blah

HSC
N/A
i wrote about 6 for 22 and i think......5? for 23.
bodgy essays.

i got throw byt he first multiple choice! it says during a "rehearsal" so i said the stage manager. alot of people said the designer, but i think that they would be for pre-production only...?

pinkballerina18

HSC
a11y50n said:
I'm the only one out of my class / the people I have talked to that thought it was pretty hard. I expected much easier than that. I think it is because we focused upon studying other things. It was still ok..
Show us your multipul choice and i'll show you mine lol
Don't worry, I didn't think the exam was that great either...It wasn't really what I studied...Oh, well, shit happens. LOL. Here are my multiple choice answers anway. Don't expect them to be right, though!

1. D
2. A
3. A
4. B
5. C
6. D
7. B
8. C
9. A
10. C
11. D
12. C
13. A
14. C
15. B

blah-blah-blah

HSC
N/A
pinkballerina18 said:
1. D
2. A
3. A
4. B
5. C
6. D
7. B
8. C
9. A
10. C
11. D
12. C
13. A
14. C
15. B
I think we did very similarly. i don't really like the mutiple choices at all:S

I got:
1. D
2. A
3.A
4.B
5.B (wasn't sure...when all else fails, ask supervisor! lol)
6.D
7.B
8.D ( i said D coz the images are allready on the disc. no scanner i don't think)
9.A
10.C
11.D
12.C
13.A
14.C
15.B

megeggie

HSC
easssssy!
so little detail! so broad! i expected it to be sooo much harder than that.
it was tops! i didnt like the first two essay questions much. but i did 22 & 23... so much to write for the last question... but half an hour isnt much yeah but meh. how much did everyone write?

HSC
Mult Choice :
1. B
2. A
3. A (what a stupid question)
4. A
5. C (another stupid qn)
6. D
7. B
8. D
9. A
10. A (though now im thinking C)
11. D
12. C
13. C (woo had physics the same day... )
14.C
15. B

We only had three at our school sit the exam. I think I wrote a lot less than everyone here for extended response (about 5 for 21 and 4 for 23..), but i'd have just been dragging it out for the sake of writing extra pages. This is exam was fine, I'm never sure how i'll do for vet, but the exam itself wasn't that different to our trial or half yearly.

megeggie

HSC
i only wrote 4 for one essay and 6 for the other.
how can u not know how your gonna do for the vet part? you just either pass all ur competencies or you dont... we passed all ours months ago???

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
i didnt like those multiple choice questions.. there were a few really airy fairy ones.. for example, the very first question.
In Ext. Response i did 21 and 22 and wrote about 4 pages each including diagrams - but my writing is fairly small.

HSC
"how can u not know how your gonna do for the vet part? you just either pass all ur competencies or you dont... we passed all ours months ago???"

I meant markwise. I'm sure i'll pass, but I'm not really sure what band im looking at

HSC
N/A
that exam was pretty easy but u gotta like study for it ... onli if u were taught by ent syllabus .. but then again most of other stuff was jus basic knowledge, write load of crap u would of got one mark.. some tricky multiple choice but once again look at the syllabus n i sure u would go most of it right ... i guess it paid off to study for it ... hopin get a decent mark for it =-) note next hsc students learn syllabus n u be fine!

refrakt

HSC
prinze__martin said:
that exam was pretty easy but u gotta like study for it ... onli if u were taught by ent syllabus
Entertainment Syllabus? Does that even exist? If so, we didn't use it.

The actual exam was the same format as every other exam that had been distributed in the last year. Same content, same basic themes and a stupid question on floating floor. Basically, most of the state would not have studied, I know I didn't. And it's not because I didn't care, but because there is nothing to study.

The only textbook we were given on the subject is a book when Strand Battern CYC's were the Must Have and any kind of digital control surface was some foreign dream. Good luck trying to relate that back to todays industry (although I understand that most schools would still have that primative gear).

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm expecting a band 5/6 for my extended response. The exam was easy, and really just required you to put forward a positive argument for the last question and for the second last, required you to outline basically what your system design was, how you would implement it, why you chose the gear that you specked and throw in some reflective commentary.

If people were stressing over this exam then you probably shouldn't be doing it.

a11y50n

HSC
blah-blah-blah said:
I think we did very similarly. i don't really like the mutiple choices at all:S

I got:
1. D
2. A
3.A
4.B
5.B (wasn't sure...when all else fails, ask supervisor! lol)
6.D
7.B
8.D ( i said D coz the images are allready on the disc. no scanner i don't think)
9.A
10.C
11.D
12.C
13.A
14.C
15.B

Well Here is wot i got..

1. D
2. A
3. A
4. D
5. B
6. D
7. B
8. D
9. A
10. C
11. A - I know i got it wrong.. lol
12. C
13. A
14. C
15. B

We basically got really similar.. I hope I did well neways. I chose Q#22 and #23 for the extended reponses, I was writing till the end. lol.

HSC
N/A
not relli syllabus i guess but a frame work .. lucky our teacher gave it to us before the exam ...

jessimica

what i meant before was the guy who said he expects a band 5/6 should get over himself. like, who didn't write 10 pages for each essay? i think we all know our stuff because the course is easy, but i know plenty of people who would have done better than you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)