Entertainment (1 Viewer)

mrsdepp16

HSC
hey how r ya all??
well im doing entertainment and my teacher never explains things properly so i was wondering whats a vision system??
and what r u guys studying atm?? and what have you done??
ive done
staging
lighting
audio
managers , producers etc
and some other thing that doesnt really have to do with entertainment lol

aRzu..

HSC
hey um i do entertainment as well.. dw we learn nuthin as well.. yea we did our competencez buh i still havnt finishd ma hourz( workplacement) !!!!
omg du noe how much we get rankd.. cuz i heard we get rankd pretty low for it cuz its considerd easy!!!
u wana do it for a uai?? im hopin for a 85+ niiwayz
holla bak
xox aRzu..

lilfairy

HSC
lol i guess its in the job description not to teach in entertainment weve learnt nothing all year. got to do work experience at southern stars though which was great. I got 74 for the trials which was brought but i dunno how well they rank.

leeha

HSC
yeah dont stress too much i swear i never learnt anything and ended up with 89 in the hsc test (apprently no one in the state got band 6). its seirously all basic knowledge..try the csuhsc online site if you havent already. i made some big notes off that...just know your lighting and sound fairly well and then the rest is common sense

and with the ranking of entertainment....i ended up doing 12 units because i was scared my uai would be shit if it included entertainment....turned out i got 93.5 uai with entertainment included in the 10 units they use to calculate it.....so i did maths for nothing haha

good luck guys... i have alot of notes so if your really stuck you can always ask me

aRzu..

HSC
yea lol i think i worry 2 much buh i got 67% for the prelimz shit aye.. so yea im in desprte need of notes.. lol thnxx guyz

ashleighkyla

HSC
WOW so its not just me and my class who dont learn anything in entertainment?

We did all the compulsory units first....like marketing, OH&S, working with others, working in a culturally diverse environment, communication..blah...now we're doing staging and sound lighting etc...

But so far ive noticed its all common sence. Also if u look on the sturt university site theres heaps and heaps of study notes.

xx

Ceestar

HSC
Wow, I actually find my Entertainment class rather productive. Then again we don't learn a lot of new stuff, but we are always kept busy because of all the drama performances we need to do the lighting and sound for.
When I think about it we have learnt quite a bit during our prelim terms, most of us can work our lighting desk (whom we recently named Sven) without much effort, and at the start of the year it was all very confusing.

We still haven't done much on audio yet though, we've done a few things such as rigging up mics and such, but we've focused on lighting more.

We have also done stage and lighting design, working with others (where we had a very depressing session, and a session where we had to a "choose 5 people that get to live" activity where we were all forced to go against each other).

Entertainment is most definetly my most enjoyable subject!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Pratically, we do a lot of stuff.

Theorectically (where it eventually counts), we've done very little.

C Bezza

HSC
I remember for my prelims i got 74%, which i think isn't that good considering how easy ENT should be. I only transfered because i desperately wanted to get out of IT VET (wish i hadn't now as i think I'm better at IT).

We have learnt so far: front of house, lighting (just about the lights), OH&S, positions and hierarchy in stage crew (which i have kinda forgotten lol), setting up vision and audio systems, CUDSA and just proper 'etiquette' towards stage crew.

I haven't learnt how to function audio and lighting units yet but i'm hoping I'll get the chance. I'm just really worried about how to study for ENT as there is no text books. I guess there is info on web, i hope.

HSC
weve dont heaps in our ent couse. i love it its great and i got to do work placement with the wiggles!!
weve really just picked up this year cos our teacher was away for three terms and he was the only qual. teacher in the school. so weve studies the industry itself (unions, positions etc) lighting, audio, sound, OHS and policies...
yep. thats all.
i love being able o look like a maddog behind the lightng or sound desk. its great.

XPac2

HSC
oh EFFIN awesome!!! Im looking forward to it now lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The experience you get is a great reason to do the course. If you don't have much opportunity in your local area, then it's a good way to get hands on experience.

Undomiel

HSC
Yeah we haven't done much in the way of theory in Entertainment either, it's crazy, they get you to do all these prac things, and come exams your like.. oh well what do i write now. but the prelim was sorta just common sense stuff, so i hope it'll be like that for HSC.. my mid coure Entertainment exam is tomorrow arvo :( first mid exam but it'll be over and done with then lol

good luck everyone :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
High school entertainment is pretty easy. A lot of it is common sense. I'm only doing my first year of my Creative Arts degree at uni, but already the technical production stuff is so much more complex than what was covered at high school.

XPac2

HSC
lol so its not just me whose not learning anything? Goodo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)