Entry into Medicine (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I've seen people get 270 raw only a couple of times over the years. They usually blitz two or more sections with raw scores of up to 120 in each of them. I think a score around ~230-40 is still 100%. Aiming for something around 200 would be more realistic, but then again it's umat.

With a 99+ enter and a umat score close to 90% ud be safe to a certain degree provide you dont stuff up interviews.
It really depends where you want to go. Alot of people with 90-4% missed out with Monash even though they had 99.XX.

You should be able to gain interviews at a few places with a high 99 UAI, etc and a good umat og around 90%.

Last edited:

lifequest

HSC
Thank you very much for the advice. Just a couple more questions though if you can help, what sort of scores should I be aiming for as my top four? I am confident I can improve on my scores for this year, physics and chem are definitely my best two subjects and I missed a lot of last year through illness which had implications on the two marks I got. Will I get any considerations considering I'm from a rural school? And how hard is it to get a UMAT of 270+? Thanks a lot for your help
Well, since you're rural, you're almost guaranteed a Dentistry offer at La Trobe as long as your enter is above 92.00 (oh and English 35 with any one of chem or bio 35+).

No UMAT is required for Dentistry at La Trobe, however, I suggest you still try for it as they may change the requirements for 2010.

That said, you only need about 42 raw for the rest of your subjects to get in! =D
Living rurally does have its benefits!

Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)