enzyme experiment (8 marks) (1 Viewer)

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
It's good to know that I ain't the only one who forgot the control!!!

people who thought of balloons ------> clever

I did observation and calculating the time interval between the gas released to when the gas release stops (if you know what I mean)

i'll probably get 5-6 marks for that question

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I did the pH, l did no ph, 4ml hcl, 2ml hcl, 4ml naoh, 2ml naoh with milk that was heated and the bactierium in each test tube.

hard to explain..l hpoe the examiners understand!

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
i just wrote 'measure the amount of gas that was released', i hope thats enough, because everything seems to be correct after reading the other post.

imperfek_anjel

hmmmph, well i specifically identified my substrate which im not sure if we're sposed to...cos we did the experiement in class n to test the optimum temperature of renin (enzyme) on milk....so i basically replicated that n had 3 beakers at 3 diff. temps n 3 test tubes in each, one for each enzyme n one as control...n u time how long it takes for the milk to curdle....did ne1 else try this way??? cos it dusnt seem like it =/

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I don't think the enzyme was rennin, the enzyme was the bacteria wasn't it?

tranquilized

HSC
You whack one drop of detergent in the test tube and when the gas is produced it bubles and forms a froth. To measure amount of gas produced you measure height of froth. Just thought i might tell you since no one seemed to know how to do that.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
apparently;
- max marks you could get if u didnt include a correct hypothesis (which means not an aim) is 3 marks.
- one mark for correctly examining and following through the experiement according to your hypothesis.
- one mark for repeating
- one mark for having a range of temps or ph conditions
- one mark for some sort of control (?)
- one mark for a safety assessment (who the hell would think of doing this??)
- and i couldnt give a crap wat the other marks are for.

Adamb1

HSC
Misturi the enzyme isnt the bacteria thats rediculous the enzyme is in the bacteria and to everyone who measured the gas; did anyone think that it may be easier to simply measure the mass lost in the test tube effectively measuring the substrate change instead.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Adam - thanks for clearing that up for me. So we didn't need rennin in the experiment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)